cracked my np241c! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-09-2002, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

cracked my np241c!

Looks like I need to stop spending so much time on the jeep and invest some into the suburban.

I have a 95 3/4 ton with a np241c transfer case. I've searched and learned that the 241 is not a bad t/c but I have some question's. It appears that I can R&R the t/c myself. What upgrades if any need to be done? This is the family car and is used to tow a small camp trailer and is basically my primary off roading rig.

In one of the posts I saw that I should install a slip yoke eliminator kit. Forgive my ignorance but what does that do. I was told that the case cracked because of a c-clip that broke (a common problem???). What should I expect to pay at the wrecking yard?

Thanks for your help.
Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-10-2002, 05:29 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: cracked my np241c!

Scott,
I've got a np241c transfer case available. If you like, just send me a private email here at ORC for more details. Here is a link for some additional information on a slip yoke kit. <a target="_blank" href=http://www.tellico4x4.com/xfer/slipyoke.htm#np241>http://www.tellico4x4.com/xfer/slipyoke.htm#np241</a>
dave
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2002, 05:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: cracked my np241c!

well i have one too, i kinda wanna get rid of IF, i can get my hands on a 1 ton t case and that way be able to install that nv4500 into my truck, so if eather one of ya got something for me then TALK TO ME!! or im having the lousy auto rebuilt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode