Anyone Here have Traxxas Truck????? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2002, 02:00 PM Thread Starter

Anyone Here have Traxxas Truck?????

ALright most of you will prolly HAVE NO IDEA what im talking about but anyway. I have electric Traxxas Rustler, i think i stripped my Idler gear has anyone done this and know what kind of sound it makes, cuz my trucks is making a sort of clicking noise. PLus accelerating very slowly, i have my Slipper CLutch tightened the proper amount also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2002, 02:45 PM

Re: Anyone Here have Traxxas Truck?????

I don't have the traxxas, but I have a few associated. In my RC10GT gas truck it used to strip spur gears all bloody day long. Just crack it open and chekc. Shouldn't be that hard if it's anything like a TA. Check out Robinson Racing, they make hardened steel gears that never strip, I've had the same RR clutch and spur gear in my GT now for 3 years without one problem.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2002, 03:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have a traxxas stampede. Just got it a week ago. Blew up the steering servo the first day and now it doesn't turn. Have on order a metal gear servo. Mine made a clicking noise when trying to turn because it was stripped but still went forward very fast

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2002, 03:14 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

I'm oldschool. How oldschool do you ask? I've owned a Traxxas Hawk since I was 8. It's an incredible truck but once you put a modified motor in it you've got to be wary of universals. Mine has a countershaft gear and then the driven gear. The driven gear is nylon whereas the countershaft gear is hardened brass.

If Traxxas trucks are the same as they used to be you can have it torn apart in no time flat. Just tear it apart and have a look-see.

One of my Dad's friends' kids had some sort of newfangled Traxxas and it kept burning off the driven gear until I put one of those clutches in. When the gear would start to go it sounded like a blender. Then again, those little gears are designed to go from full speed reverse to full speed forward in the blink of an eye.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2002, 09:03 PM Thread Starter

this is the first major problem ive had with it in 3 years so its about time i guess. i think im gonna get some steel outpokes while i purchasing. say does anyone make a 73-87 Chevy Body?? i dont think proline does how about Bolink?
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2002, 09:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

<font color=blue>Just take the gearbox out and look at the idler, after 3 years it's probably not a bad idea to open that thing up. I used to run a Traxxas TRX-.15 pro in my RC10GT with the stock spur gear and it never stripped ever, even after hour-long A mains on a rough track. Setting the gear mesh is important.

I have a Nirto Stampede witha 93 Chevy truck body on it. I need some FM radio gear, anyone got some?
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2002, 09:58 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

I've never seen one. The only time I ran with a body was when racing because you had to. My battery only lasts 7.5 minutes and with the body on everything gets hot. It's a nuisance to pull it off all the time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode