O/T Update on the K20 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2002, 05:04 PM
SHOTGUN

O/T Update on the K20

Ok so I haven't done anything to the truck since about a month ago while I was still in school I put new rotors, bearings, and pads in (calipers to come).

Well this was dad's old farm truck that I'm fixing up, and he hasn't had anything to do with the truck for like 12-13 years. In fact when I started with this truck it had a locked up motor, no brakes, and a hell of a lot of rust. Well it still has rust, but with a new (to the truck) bed it's deminished some).

So today I got dad out in the K20 when he went the barn to feed our animals. Well we couldn't figure out how the goats were getting out of the fencing. So he tells me to start driving up this hill. I'm crawling along pretty well in Granny low in 2wd. Stopped for a second and then started off again and did nothing but spin. So I rolled back some and then let the clutch go and goosed it. The Gov-Loc was doing a damn good job of spinning both tires on the dry ground. Stopped again and dad got out to go inspect the fence. I shut the truck off got out locked her in and yanked the transfer case lever to see how well my 4wd still worked on my 'ol 79. Especially since when I did the rotors the Drivers side hub wouldn't go back on for [censored], and the pass. was a breeze?

So went back down the hill let dad out to feed, and turned around and went at it again in 4wd Hi this time![img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] 'Ol girl just climbed right up it like it was nothing (bouncing me all over the damn seat!). So after that I took it out on the road to show dad how well it drove (since all the work I've done) and how loud the new exhaust was!(headers, true duals, & 12" glasspacks)[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Was going to stop at a store and give him the keys when I came back out, but decided not to go in and buy a drink cause we were only 3 miles from the house(DOH!) That was gonna be my excuse to give him the keys when we came back out! Since he hasn't drove this thing (except to move it around in the yard when I'm not here) for like 13 years. But I was eager to open her up and let him hear the pipes from a dead stop![img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] Oh well he'll drive it another time.

But when we got back to the house he told me he was proud of me for taking on something that he would have never done on his own. And that he could see all the hard work, time, money, and patience I had put into it.

That just put a big ear to ear on my face.

But I just wanted to share that. Don't know why. Oh well but hopefully like I said before she'll be on 38's by the end of summer. Rode in a friends 79 F250 Furd last night on 38 Gumbos and really made me jealous. I was thinking .... hmmmm...... calipers, U-joints (ALL AROUND), and back brakes then <font color=blue>LIFT TIME!</font color=blue>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2002, 01:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: O/T Update on the K20

its very cool to hear somone say "i'm proud of you" and mean it. my pops says it to me alot but he's not proud of me cuz i'm not doing what he dreams. he thinks trucks, shooting, and business finance is a waste. oh well. its cool your dad is happy and so are you.

theo
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-04-2002, 05:54 PM
bigwishlist

Re: O/T Update on the K20

When I finished my front bumper my dad sayed "That looks really good, way to go" And it made me feel so good to hear it from my dad.
Anyway truck sounds nice. I hated the weight for my lift, but it will happen eventually.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode