1 ton dump truck - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 08:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

1 ton dump truck

just tinkin my uncile has a 80's 1 ton 4x4 dump truck and i wanted to know if i took off the dump box and all that extra crap would a regular bed fit on without any majior modifing and its dulley so coule i just put normal rim on it so it isnt dulley? or will the tires be real far in? also do i have to get a special lift for it cus its one ton ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 09:02 PM

Re: 1 ton dump truck

The front axle is too wide for regular rims, unless you get like 8"of offset which is basically a dually wheel. In the back, it will be the same way. Tires will stick out too far. Unless you get dually fenders, then it might work, but you still have to deal with the axles. All lift springs are the same, you will just have to get the 56" instead of 52" springs for the rear. 3/4 and 1 tons use 56" while the 1/2 ton uses 52" rears. Fronts are the same.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-01-2002, 11:55 AM
Can't Get Enough

You can convert the front to non dually style by changing the hubs and spindles. The rear would need the axle from a single rear to match the front's track(dually in narrower). SOme companies do offer different lift springs for the 1-ton fronts. Mine are thicker with more leaves than My friends friends crewcab with the same amount of lift.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-01-2002, 12:15 PM

Whos springs did you buy desertrat? I'm looking at springs for the front of the white truck right now and was lookin at BDS 8" pack but there the same for 1/2-1 ton and I think the added weight of the 454 and plane 'ol huge frame and body on my truck might make that 8" spring a 4"[img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img].

post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-01-2002, 12:24 PM
Can't Get Enough

I think mine are trail master. They were on the truck when i bought it and it had Trail master shocks so i am assuming they were installed together. Like i said, they are a lot thicker than the ones on my friends crewcab. He has 2 less leaves than me too, i think. Check out some of the manufacturers. I have seen different kits offered for 1-tons and 1/2-3/4 tons.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-01-2002, 12:28 PM

Well, almost all the manuf. out there sell a diff kit for 1/2 tons and then the 3/4 and 1 tons. But the only thing different is the 56" rear leafs instead of 52's. They all the same part # front springs. I'll check some more though. Oh well. Add-a-leaf here I come.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-01-2002, 08:22 PM

Keep in mind those dually hubs on your front Dana60 are worth a pretty penny to the right individual..

I have seen guys looking to trade the dually for single wheel hubs, but the guys I know back home say that a dually dana60 should be worth about another 400 bucks ontop of a single wheel dana60.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode