My Sorrow is Your Gain - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 09:15 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

My Sorrow is Your Gain

Here she is. My 1986 Chevy K20 Sub. She is dead and I am sick of her crap. So like any good male, I am kicking her out of the house.

Currently the truck has no brakes, so if you are in the Dallas area that would be best.

She has:
Full Vortec Long block with edelbrock intake and carb all new still has the factory sticker on the block. She runs great I have driven the truck all over the country.

turbo 400-NP208 transfer (leaks but shifts and runs fine)

good glass (sans windshield)
good interior (grey including third seat)
power windows power locks
new battery
4" lift (springs front blocks back)

14bolt SF (8-lug)
10bolt (blown up, but rolls)

HUGE Conferrack in great shape
KC light bar

Lots O Rust

new calipers, pads master cylinder and porportioning valve (not installed)

315/75/16 Maxxis Buckshot Mudders (x2) on back new in nov.
Tires on front no good.
All on 16" chrome (kinda) AR wheels
good speakers
good doors (sans the tailgate which is screwed)
good frame

This is not a pretty truck, but the sum of her parts makes for a great donor for a k5/suburban/pickup project. I have theasking price alone in the motor.

Take her all home (on a trailer please!) for $2k American.

At this point I am not willing to part her out. Do it yourself and make money!

If you have any interest please email me at [email protected] or call 940-206-3572.

I am getting a new hobby, something cheaper and less stressfull. Maybe stamp collecting.

P.S. I know there is a classified section here. I just wanted the board who has helped me through the vortec conversion etc to have first shot.

Later,
Shaneb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-01-2002, 02:36 PM

Re: My Sorrow is Your Gain

That sucks man...too bad its not going good...question about the seats...I know you are not parting it out, but anyway, does it have a bench? If so, in good condition? I have been looking for one...have buckets and console out of a '99 Tahoe in mine, but really want a bench...console doesn't really look right to me, everyone else likes it though, and I prefer a bench. If you have one and are willing, I would trade you, swap them out myself if you want...if not, I understand. Just reply to this, my e-mail doesn't work anymore...Thanks
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-10-2002, 05:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

What color are the seats and how well would they fit in an 83 pickup?

Also, I think I AM going to be parting the truck. The motor and trans/transfer are sold. Everything else including carb and intake are up for grabs.

Later.
Shane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-14-2002, 07:17 PM

my seats are gray and shold fit in an '83 PU just as well as they do in my Blazer...unless the floor is raised under the seats...then it might need some work, the seats have a base thats probably 5-6" tall, because the floor is the same height as the footwell on Subs, Tahoes and my Blazer...
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-14-2002, 07:33 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

call me this weekend at 940-205-3572. I would be willing to make a trade.

Later,
Shane
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2002, 05:18 PM

hey, tried your number but got the operator, couldn't be completed as dialed. What about the floor of your Sub? Does it raise up where the seats bolt in, or do they bolt in at the same level as the footwell? It does have a bench, right? Also, my Blazer is in the body shop right now, a guy backed into it, and its getting repainted, but can probably trade next weekend.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2002, 07:30 PM

Another question, does the seat have a folding thing in the middle with cupholders or anything? Doesn't really matter just as long as its in good shape though...still can't get a hold of you, but you can call me at 972-235-2955
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode