Snorkel ???????????????? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-29-2002, 05:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Snorkel ????????????????

I am building an '87 burb. I was looking into making a snorkel system, but wanted to see if there were ready made ones.

Or maybe how someone made one and how it worked. Thanks.

The motor is a 350 thottlebody.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-29-2002, 06:55 PM

Re: Snorkel ????????????????

<font face="Times New Roman">
<font color=green>I've never seen a ready made one for the Chevies in person, but in the movie "Dante's Peak" there was a Burb that had one. Never really bothered looking around to see if it was a ready made deal, but at least you know that there's probably been one out there at some point... A guy did a write up here on ORC of a custom snorkel that he did on his S-10, but the thing is a hideous creation that looks just awful. Just my opinion, no offense to the guy who built it.[img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Here's a crappy pic of the Burb -
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-29-2002, 07:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yeah that was a bad [censored] burb. i liked the way that looked. Well we own a Salvageyard so i know we can build one. i just didn't feel like going throught the trouble if they made one.

Thanks shaggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-29-2002, 09:44 PM

Here is a link to ARB's snorkel on a Toyota. I'm not sure if they make one for a chevy, but it's worth looking up.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.off-road.com/toyota/reviews/snorkel/>http://www.off-road.com/toyota/reviews/snorkel/</a>

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-29-2002, 09:46 PM
Resurrection_Joe

I dont think anyone makes one, but if you ran a tube from the carb ring to wherever... Anywho, I'm either going to run a snorkel up the side of my exocage, or through the firewall somewhere. Good luck whichever...

Ehhh... Yeah that snorkle was butt ugly, it had a very unnecesary 180* bend, but what works works eh?
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-29-2002, 10:29 PM

So what eh? You moving to Canada eh? Eh RJ?

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-29-2002, 11:45 PM
Resurrection_Joe

Yeah eh! ME and uhhhh KOC eh, hey eh, we're gonna go to Canada eh, and we're gonna race my truck in the uhhhh snow eh!? And his mustang on the street eh!? Oh eh, today in history eh, Todd Flapjack(the inventor of Cananda eh) was standing around with uhhhh George Drinkingbeer and Timmy Yelosnow eh, and one said, HEY! you invented this place eh... so what do we name it. So one says, lets start it with a C eh? Another says, YEAH! Then we should have a N eh? And the last one, eh, says, Yeah YEAH! Let's finish it with a D eh? And so that's where Canada came from eh? So we can buy things with two dollar bills eh? Eh? Eh? What's all this aboot?

Anyway. No. I'm not.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 09:29 AM

<font color=blue>Where have you gone, Shawn Spickler. Lot's of BBS adicits whould like to know. Woe woe woe..........
And spoken like the ski teacher I am, To almost all my students, Of the 5yr old age varity. DON'T EAT YELOSNOW!!![img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]</font color=blue>
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 02:14 PM

Didn't FrankP make a snorkel for that FrankVee thingy he was creating? Where is FrankP anyhow?
post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 03:56 PM
72dreamer

he babbled something about him being abducted again should et be re-released in movie theaters ever again. i guess he was serious!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode