My truck has new stuff! (pics) - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-27-2002, 10:40 AM Thread Starter

My truck has new stuff! (pics)

New Edelbrock intake, carb, new distributor, ferd solenoid and new hoses and junk. I really like it so far, but it needs some minor adjustments, I think.

and, here's one without that stupid looking rollbar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-27-2002, 10:53 AM

Re: My truck has new stuff! (pics)

<font face="Comic Sans MS">That looks great... Only thing I don't like is that CA smog nazi junk that's sprinkled liberally all over that engine. Ditch that crap and then I'll *really* like how that looks. Yeah there we go just throw it back in when inspection time rolls around and then pull it right after... [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Also you might want to tighten that bolt on the bracket on the front of the engine (3rd picture down from top picture). Looks like it's either a little too long or not in there all the way...

That looks great from the outside too... [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Is in much better shape than my 79 'burb, that's for sure...</font>
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-27-2002, 11:41 AM
ratlover

Why did you go with the ford noid? You having hot start problems? So did you end up doing the work or having it done....I forgot what you decided. You cam it? Edelbracks are easy to adjust the idel circiut on and pretty forgiving....how does she run? It aint no biggy to swap rods either. Is it a 1406?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-27-2002, 12:16 PM

hey, nice stuff! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-27-2002, 08:39 PM Thread Starter

Tim -- I agree with the smog crap, but if my sources are accurate, my truck might be exempt by the time it's due for smog again in 2 years. I can live with it til then. Oh and that bolt is just bolted to that bracket which goes to nothing. I think it might actually be stuck in there[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Rat -- Unfortunately, I had to have someone do the work for me and decided against camming it right now. I'll drive this one till it pops and then go with a GM crate with all the goodies[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]. I did have many months of starter problems -- replaced the starter, installed the solenoid and, hopefully, I won't have any more of those annoying hot start problems. It's a 1400.

Shorts -- Thanks!!!![img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Better get goin' on that lift so I can return the compliment[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2002, 11:39 AM
72dreamer

say shewheeler, your shots came out pretty good. you used the new digicam you were suppose to get this weekend for these snazzy pics?
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2002, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

Hey dreamer! Actually, I never got around to shopping for the digicam. After dealing with the whole truck situation and just life catching up to me this weekend, the only thing I got around to buying was new patio furniture[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]. Nothin' like sitting in the backyard under the umbrella with an ice cold beverage[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img].

Those pics were taken with a friend's camera... I think she paid close to $400 for it[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img], so they'd better be nice!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2002, 12:05 PM

<font face="Times New Roman">
<font color=green>Lookin' good! Hope all works out with the tuning so it runs better than before! You should be happy, those are all nice parts. Good job picking out the combination of goodies for the beast[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]. One suggestion - Get yourself a real battery holddown, the bungee cord method isn't exactly the safest idea. A guy that I go to Pismo with had the same deal and the cord let go, flinging his battery into the engine with ruptured it and caused a fire. His recently rebuilt 1 ton K5 just about burnt to the ground because of it.[img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2002, 12:19 PM Thread Starter

Yah, I knew when I posted that pic, someone was going to remind me that I needed a "real" hold down for it. That will happen before I go to Pismo in June. Last time we went, some guy drove his El Camino out sand highway and ended up tossing his battery into the fan. Not a good situation.

Anyhow, I couldn't have done it without you!!! You know you are my official mod consultant[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]. Thanks again for all your help with this lil project!!! I'm really happy with it so far... except for the pinging... that's something that we need to figure out before Pismo.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2002, 12:24 PM

<font face="Times New Roman">
<font color=green>It was my pleasure helping out with it. As for the pinging, could be timing, could be that it's running on the lean side, and it could be bad gas. I'd put my money on a little lean since the carb is new and you said that the timing had been dialed in.

If your battery tray is rusty you can still get them for like $12 from the dealer, and get a universal holddown kit from the autoparts store. i got the new tray and the universal holddown and it works great for my Optima. Your battery looks kinda small but it should work anyways.[img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode