Avalanche Rig Stolen! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2002, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

Avalanche Rig Stolen!

The avalanche bruiser was stolen, heres the link to the post:
http://www.avalancheengr.com

Link to cliftons origional post:
<a target="_blank" href=http://www.colorado4x4.org/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&amp;f=3&amp;t=000980> http://www.colorado4x4.org/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&amp;f=3&amp;t=000980</a>

I seriously think that if they catch the people that did this, they should get a first class ride strapped to the bottom of the chassis as it's dragged through moab.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2002, 09:35 PM

Re: Avalanche Rig Stolen!

Thats sick! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2002, 09:59 PM
Resurrection_Joe

Oh Jesus, who the [censored] is, after hearing its been stolen, and they are an off roader NOT gonna recognize that thing. I could at 300 yards! Unless they planned to part it out. Christ what a bucnh of idiots, I'm sure it'll be back at Avalanche soon, minus a part of two, soon. I't be like stealing Watsons K5 or even Shawns. No that huge friggin K5 thats synonimous with a website millions of people visit everyday aint gonna draw attention....

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! [censored] PEOPLE ! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2002, 10:02 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, the way I see it, is that the money value loss is one thing, not to mention, not too many people insure there off road only rigs, but the sentimental value itself, I mean all the time spent building the thing, and making just how you imagined it. It's not like having your geo metro stolen out of your driveway one morning. My gut feeling is that it was some pros that know what the parts are worth and are going to part it out and it's prob. already done[img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img].

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-24-2002, 08:06 AM
72dreamer

i would suspect someone who works there may have played a part in this...
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-24-2002, 09:29 AM

If someone is parting it out they must be alot braver than me. I couldn't have one of his tires much less an axle or such, and not get caught. From what I read on other boards they say people are stealing these things and taking them for a joy ride. Thats crazy. Time to plant a Jeep out front for a few nights with lo-jack and see what happens...
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-24-2002, 10:16 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

sniper rifle off roof top with a jeep running out front. make an easy target
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-24-2002, 12:30 PM

I know that rig will turn up soon somehow, you don't steal a unique rockcrawler like that, and not know what it is. Will be interesting to see what happens of the people that have it/or where it is found. Was it really really competitive in the championships? Maybe a rival 'crawler did it? I thought about the fact of it being someone that knew Avalanche, but then wouldn't they realize how stupid that is? Obviously not, they shouldn't shoot the guy, would be ineresting to see if/what he has in his possession besides the Bruiser.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-24-2002, 01:05 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

Chances are it's already been gutted and cut up into pieces. If someone stole it to steal it, then it's already toast. A vehicle doesn't stay in a shop to get gutted for more than 48 hours. What they can't sell or what is too easily traced they will cut up in to pieces and take to a metal recycling yard.

It's probably time to start watching eBay and the other auction sites for parts. Newspapers and auto traders.

When the person(s) that did the deed or trafficked the parts is found they should be anally raped with a treated 4"x4". Preferably one with splinters.

post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-24-2002, 01:54 PM
72dreamer

i agree, but i'd go as far to say with an "untreated" 4"x4"![img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode