Motor running crappy at 100 degrees - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2002, 08:18 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Motor running crappy at 100 degrees

This AM on my way to town then truck ran like crap. you'd be crusing at 65 then give it a bit of gas and it would start backfiring. It would backfire at pretty much any accelloration. The temp gauge never went over 100 degrees. Suppose my thermostat is stuck open? It was like 30 degrees outside too this morning. I drive for about 20 minutes to get to town and never over 100. Ideas? Thanks [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2002, 12:11 PM
ratlover

Re: Motor running crappy at 100 degrees

sounds like the thermostat died.....plop it out and thor it into a pot of water on the stove with a thermometer. see what shee opens at before you buy new.....unless it is obviosly open when you yank it out....whats your temp gauge normaly show opperating temp at? Maybe gauge took a crap at the same time you got another prob. Sounds like thermostat but I never get the easy 6$ fixes
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2002, 12:13 PM
ratlover

Boy 30 deg in the morning has gotta suck.....thats bad living in IL and I say your weather sux
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2002, 12:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

she normally runs around 160. It is down getting new pipes put on [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] so I will check tonight or tomarrow am on the thermo. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode