Let's not tear the roof out.... (Cage Mounting Q) - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2002, 12:08 PM
Resurrection_Joe

Let\'s not tear the roof out.... (Cage Mounting Q)

Ok, if I had a half int half ext cage..... huh ? Ok anyway, if I built me little rezzybed, and put the roof rack hoop over the roof, and bolted it through the roof to two kneebars going down through the floor and bolting to frame mounted rocksliders, when I flexed me little blue piggy out, would it tear the roof sheetmetal? I cant say that with rezzybed attatched through the cab it woudl flex the cab much at all, and in reality the cage and bed would support the cab more than the original mounts.... SO is it ok or...... huh? So what I'm saying is, no I suppose it wouldnt move to much with all that bolting going on eh? Ok, thank you! ^_^
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2002, 12:13 PM

Re: Let\'s not tear the roof out.... (Cage Mounting Q)

<font face="Times New Roman">
<font color=green>But I bet it would leak like a sieve... Why would you want to go cut holes in you purty truck? Just go for the full exo cage, it would look cooler than if you went and hacked holes in it, and would be removable if you ever changed your mind...
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2002, 12:17 PM

I agree with shaggs and if you bolt it to your sheet metal, and movement of the cab at all is going to wrinkly the sheet metal. And you will end up with a wavey roof[img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]. I say full exo cage so you won't hurt that beautiful bod of yours, or the truck[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img].

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2002, 12:32 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

I'd be surprised if you didn't end up with wrinkled or torn roof. I believe I saw a picture of your very own truck showing some wicked flexing. Like body mount breaking kind of flexing. You know those people with the bed campers and how they have "stays" that come down on the front of the truck? There's a reason for the gas shocks in them. I've got some from some campers I parted out and one pair had 4" of 5" travel worn on it.

Plus, to be honest, it'd look pretty gay. I don't think you want to be a victim of "What the fsck were they thinking?" commentary.

If you want to do something like that turn it in to a convertable first. It might actually look pretty cool then.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2002, 12:37 PM
Resurrection_Joe

Ok, I was jst thinking that since I'm tearing most of my ineterior cab apart right now I might as well bolt is supporting members for a cage or something. Maybe interior and exterior. For now, full exo!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2002, 12:50 PM
kona_joe

Re: Let\'s not tear the roof out.... (Cage Mounting

Full Exo...

Over the cab down the fenders &amp; surrounding the entire nose would be sweet.

Joe
<a target="_blank" href=http://home.attbi.com/~jmdufr/Joe/38s.jpg> 79K10 </a>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode