where to get "oh sh1t" handles - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2002, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

where to get \"oh sh1t\" handles

My truck is relatively short but some people still have a hard time getting in to my truck. Yes, midgets and short females have technical difficulties. Being 5'11" and having the shortest legs a human can have I can get in by getting a cheek on the seat and sliding in. Anyway, I wouldn't care but the people that aren't hanging on to the steering wheel need something to hang on to so they'll quit digging their fingernails in to my dash.

So anyway, what do you guys use for "oh sh*t" handles? Furthermore, how do you mount them? Did any of the 73-91 Trucks/Blazers/Suburbans have them? I'd like to go for the factory look but I'll proudly steal them off a 88-98 generation if need be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2002, 11:03 PM
MXTrackChick

Re: where to get \"oh sh1t\" handles

Yeah... oh Sh!t handles are pretty useful especially if you are driving with someone like me.... hahaha.. my boyfriend has gone as far as puttin a sign by them that says "Oh Sh!t" sounds pretty dumb but it actually is pretty funny when u grab for the handle and see it right there.. it even matches the interior.. look into websites or go to dealerships where they have the used car sales and parts places also.. our '89 suberban and gmc dually have the handles... so if u cant find any for your model just get some made or find some as close as u can get from a newer model
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-21-2002, 03:55 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i've seen ppl use the boat ties as handles to. the tie down bars from walmart or something. it looked different than the rest of the trucks around with the handle bars. i've seen people mount them on the interier ceilings too.

theo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-21-2002, 07:01 PM
bigwishlist

My 89 sierra had a handle on the passenger side stock. But I got one for the drivers side. There mounted right above the doorinto the plactic trimm that holds the head linners edge up.
Try a junk yard for handles, or maybe a farm tractor junk yard.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-21-2002, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

i like the plastic ones like in the newer trucks. they don't hurt my mellon as much when i hit my head on them.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-21-2002, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

yeah, the 88-98 generation came stock with them over there just like the s-series. but i'm wondering how they mount on the old style because there are actually holes and better metal to bite in to on the 88-98 generation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode