got stuck (Pics) - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2002, 09:12 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

got stuck (Pics)

yep. Couldn't even see the top of my back tire ntil I doug for 1.5 hours at 4 AM. Finally got out at 8 am yesterday morning. No sleep is wonderful. Took a scout with chains all around to get me out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 779182-Dsc00105.jpg (61.8 KB, 38 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2002, 09:14 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: got stuck (Pics)

another
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 779185-Dsc00110.jpg (61.2 KB, 25 views)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2002, 09:16 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

afterwards. Gotta love alkali
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 779186-Dsc00113.jpg (61.5 KB, 26 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2002, 09:38 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

The rest of the store.....
Ok, Saturday night after my birsthday party we decided to go 4x4ing. It was about 10:00ish and we decided to go to the swamps. Get out then and I go across the first part and stopped on some solid ground and then pulled ahead a bit to allow the next guy behind me. Well he gets 10 feet and sinks. Then the Next guy goes to pull him oput but he gets stuck and his motor won't even turn his 33's in low range (found bad plug wire later). I go back to get my truck to pull them out and my front sank then I try to get on it and I sank down bad and finally had both axles under mud. This was around 11:00 Saturday night. We all push and pull on the other trucks but never got them out so around 12:00 we call for help. A few guys brought an old dodge truck out and try to yank the first 2 trucks out but doesn't have the umph (or driver doesn't have balls to get bumper to bumper and stand on it) and doesn't get anything out so we call a guy with a newer ford diesel and he got the first 2 out but wan't willing to go out where I was. That was about 3:00am we get a ride 30 miles back to Joe's folks and get the old Scout with 31s and a 394ci. Get back out to the swamps about 7:00 Sun morning. put tires chains on all around and pulled me out 2nd tug. Then I go out in the swamp a few more times then get front barried again and he was pulling me out again and I blew up the spider gears in my stupid dana 44 front. Finall we all get out and that Dodge isn't running still from 3:00 when we thought it vapor locked. I pulled him to town like 20 mph since he was too worried about it and I had like 8 psi in my tires and no air compressor yet (need to finish my on-board air). Finally got home at 8:30ish. Yep. That sucked. We did the same thing last year during graduation weekend too and had to work for a couple hours getting another guy out. Fun fun. We should have gone hill climbing I think instead of the swamps
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2002, 11:58 AM

Nice Pics! got it covered too [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2002, 04:48 PM
Mud in my Veins

that doesnt sound too bad, except is that FROST on the grass? freezing temps can really take the fun out of wading around in knee-deep mud [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] where do you live, there doesnt appear to be a tree to winch to within a 20 mile radius! [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] nice coverage by the way, leave it on there and you can run down ATV trails without worrying about your paint... that's why i dont bother washing mine off. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2002, 05:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

no, it's alkali. I was nice out that night except for the two 15 minute rains. There is not a single thing for a while to winsh to
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2002, 07:03 PM
Can't Get Enough

Alkali is some nasty slick stuff. A lot of that around the farms back home. Looks solid until you step on it and you fall right on your [censored].
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-21-2002, 09:02 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

no joke.... and harder than piss to clean off.... well, I never have had to clean off piss but you know
post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2002, 12:53 AM
Mud in my Veins

hmm, i've never heard of the stuff. i just looked it up and apparently it's a food for waterfowl, so try not to kill it all, i want my geese to come back down here next winter!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode