Unbelievable news ! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2002, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Unbelievable news !

Well, I got tired of it all. Tired of never finding a front axle and broke becuse I have to rebuild trannys, t-cases and driveshafts, so I put out an ad on the internet trying to sell the two Blazers I have, plus all the extra equipment (two 14-bolts, extra set of doors, spare engine parts etc.etc.) and it looks like itīs going my way. One guy called me up, I made a good deal and soon I have $2800 burning in my pocket. Can you believe that?[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] $2800 for lots of junk ![img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]. I will OF COURSE hang on to the 406 and maybe throw some more money in it. Thinking of going solid cam now when Comp Cams releases their Xtreme Energy line in solid cams and pick up 30 hp/30 ft.lbs. The next car of choice is narrowed down to three alternatives.

*Late sixties/early seventies 2wd pickup.

*Late sixties/early seventies Blazer with no lift in sight[img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img].

*Late sixties/early seventies El Camino.

I still love the truck "style". Maybe Iīll settle for a mid-seventies 2wd pickup because theyīre so plentiful. I donīt want any smog-hassle or electrical options [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img], so anything from the 70īs is OK as long as theyīre not completly rusted out.

I learned over the past 3 years owning an American vehicle that the thing I really like to work on is V8 engines, as most of you probably have figured out. If I knew that from the beginning I would be out burning tires right now [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]. Is it ok if I still hang out here, hassle Shaggy and talk to Dave every now and then? even though I donīt own a 4wd car (if Iīm not ending up with an early Blazer [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img])

Andreas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2002, 06:44 PM

Re: Unbelievable news !

Well, I dunno, I guess I'll let ya stay[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]. Well, geesh, I was hoping to see that thing that was hiding in the garage for a few years come back to life one day, bondo and all, but oh well. Can I have some money?[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2002, 06:50 PM

hey man thats great to hear, glad you got it all worked out. I'm just LOOKING for a chevy 4x4, I don't think they are going to mind you hangin around [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] i'm sure i'm not the only one that looks forward to your posts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2002, 08:45 PM

<font face="Times New Roman">
<font color=green>I had a feeling that this might work out this way... I don't mind if you hang out still, after all this time you're the BBS equivilant of OG...
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2002, 09:50 PM

<font color=blue>WHAT!?! Kick out the SwEE[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]dish Chef?!?! Are you nuts? You can stay as long as you want[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]. Whouldn't be the same without you[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Good luck with whatever car/truck you get. And I want to see the next one outside your garage mind you![img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] (In running condition to[img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img])</font color=blue>
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2002, 11:05 PM

Hey, make sure you get enough money out of the blazer to pay for all that bondo you had to buy[img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img][img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]. Welp, can't wait for the next EAOA to come out now[img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img].

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2002, 11:23 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Andreas,
I think you will change your mind, and find a GM 4WD vehicle in your near future. Maybe this time, all you'll need to do is just install the 406 to make you happy. I'm sure sooner or later you will get board with just paved roads to drive on with a 2WD.
Hope to hear from you soon,
dave
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2002, 12:08 AM

Man I look forward to his posts just to see that avatar. Thats a gooder. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2002, 02:48 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Dave. I dunno about being bored with paved roads. I really like dragracing and all that comes with it (smoke, fire etc.etc [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]). Just sold the hydraulic XE274 as we speak and now Iīm going for a solid Xtreme Energy. 268 or 274, that is the question. Check them out. <a target="_blank" href=http://www.compcams.com/information/whatsnew/NewsDetails.asp?ListHistoryID=-1371474547>http://www.compcams.com/information/whatsnew/NewsDetails.asp?ListHistoryID=-1371474547</a>

Shaggy, yes. I had that feeling too [img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]. Too bad frontaxles are super rare birds over here.

Jason, bondo was included in the price. Iīm still amazed the guy wanted to buy it [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] I didnīt wanna trick him and sent pictures of the bodywork. He just didnīt care and thank God for that [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img].Thanks for your understanding boys and you didnīt really think Iīd leave did you, even if you all told me so? [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Andreas
post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-21-2002, 06:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Just as long as you keep the 406! Good to hear from ya............[img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode