Another how big of tire.... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-16-2002, 10:32 AM
ratlover

Another how big of tire....

Ok....you guys are going to laugh but here is the deal. I made a comment in joking to a coworker that he should buy my near new 32" swampers for his s 10blazer and now he is seriously interested[img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] I was planing on going with a small body lift eventualy(like 1"-2" along with 6" suspention) and saw ORD has 1" ones and was wondering why not do it now and go with some bigger tires till I get my actual lift? So how big of tires you guys think with 1" body lift and some liberal use of a sawsall[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]? I got 32's on stock worn springs and no rubbing now. You think 35's will fit? I aint going for wide. What do you guys think? I could do the home made flip in the back but then I would need a way to rais the front cheap. I figure if I can get rid of these for a deccent price before they wear a bunch and become worthless then[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-16-2002, 10:41 AM
ratlover

Re: Another how big of tire....

crapola! another wrench into the cogs....I wana go with swampers(I like my tsl radials) but they only have 33's or 36's in the radial variety and the bias they have 35's but they are 35x15x15[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] I dont want to buy new rims(have the stock steel ralies) actually isnt 12.5 pushing it with stock width rims?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-16-2002, 12:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I run 35's w/ 4" and I think the tires looks small. I bet if you cut the fenders like I did with the 1" body lift and keep the sway bar so it won't flex too much for now I bet you could run them. There was a kid here running 35s on stock IFS for a week before he got the lift. Sure there was about an inch clearance max but it did the job for the time. I would do it anyways
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-16-2002, 12:52 PM
ratlover

I gotta ask.....2"'s of lift and 38's[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-16-2002, 01:12 PM

You can get your tires, then do put the body lift on and if you still have some minor rubbing after trimming, you can always get the ORD 1" zero rate add-a-leaf for the front and rear. Give you an extra inch of clearance.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-16-2002, 01:38 PM
ratlover

Jason....as always the man with the master plan[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I hope it dont get to the addaleafs because I really dont want new ubolts and such.

I think I'm going to convince him to buy my tires and get some 36"x12.5x15's for my truck. It sound like I will have a chance in heck of fitting them on my 83 1/2ton with 1"body lift and some triming on stock steel rally wheels?
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-16-2002, 02:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

ya, Joe runs 2" and 38's so scale that down and you got 35's and minus stock. Actually about 3" if you could the 1" taller perches of the D60 though. He also runs them on a 16x8 rim not the wide 10" rims which probably helps. He cut out the innre fender too and is gonna run rubber so it can conform to the tire
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-16-2002, 03:05 PM
bigwishlist

35s and 2" lift will work with a sawzall modified fenders.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-16-2002, 09:50 PM

Now you guy got me thinking.[img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] I all ready have the two inch lift so how much sawzall work would be required to fit 36s. Maybe I could put in a 1" body get rid of the lift blocks and add some 1" zero rates.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-16-2002, 10:39 PM
bigwishlist

If your truck has rusty and beaten fenders then cut as much as possible. Get 36" tires and have them mounted then install 1" body lift, then put them on the truck and trim till they dont rub.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode