O/T - Started the truck up tonight - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 12:30 AM Thread Starter

O/T - Started the truck up tonight

<font face="Times New Roman">
<font color=green>So, for those of you that don't know this, my truck has been in storage on jackstands in my garage for about 18 months now. It kills me to see her sit there unused, but after I get back from my honeymoon in June then the project is back on and hopefully she should be back in action by the fall.[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Anyways, I just got all happy because this was the first time I started her up for the first time in about 5 and the sucker cranked over 3 times and then started right up! Purred like a kitten too! Brings a smile to my face and a tear to my eye, I had just gotten her to the point where she was running great all the time right before all hell broke loose in the axles and I had to put her away. Hopefully she starts up and runs that nice when I'm ready to pull her out after all of the upgrades are done, but with my luck something will happen and I'll have to jump through all sorts of hoops to get her running.

Anyways, just wanted to share my happy evening with everybody.[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 12:49 AM
sayl4u

Re: O/T - Started the truck up tonight

I know the feeling!its been 7 years since ive wheeled hard!I was in a pretty serious accident at work and after to many surgeries and five years of phisical therepy I cant wait to get back at it..
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 12:50 AM

Well, if when doing the swap or getting the thing running is a problem when you get going on it, just say my name and I'll be there[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img].

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 01:05 AM Thread Starter

<font color=green>You'd come all the way to San Jose just to help me with my truck? What a guy! You'd probably want a big freakin' monitor in return or something[img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]. Once I get it all back up and running we'll have to get together at Pismo or Hollister, although Hollister is alot farther for you. Make Shewheeler come along too, and whoever else lives within driving distance that wants to go. Hopefully my truck will be back up by Labor Day, since that's the one weekend a year that my club ALWAYS goes to Pismo.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 01:08 AM

Heck yeah, I don't think there is one person in my town that actually has a true trail worthy truck or actually works on there own anyway[img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]. I would love to help someone out. Anyway, I would definately be interested in a trip to Hollister, you and shewheeler can show me around. See just how bad I can rip up the white truck[img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]. I'll definately go to pismo, need to test that white truck out, hmm, guess I should get going on the swap eh?[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 07:40 AM
kona_joe

Sweet!

18 months that truck has been off the road, dam! You must be having withdrawals like me. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Joe
79K10
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 01:13 PM

That's beautiful, man... I'm crying tears of joy for you right now[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Yes, we'll all have to try and hook up -- maybe all of our junk will be running at the same time? Is that even possible? hehehe

My intake, carb and distributor should be installed by this weekend... then it's onto new gears! I know for sure my junk will be on the road by June 20th.... PISMO, baby!!! YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.... could you tell I'm excited???
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 01:32 PM Thread Starter

<font color=green>Jason, I may take you up on that, especially if you have a good Arc welder you can bring along!

Kona, your truck has been out of commision for longer than that hasn't it? I seem to remember you working on that thing a long time ago...

Shewheeler, by the fall you should have your junk taken care of and Jason should hopefully have his SFA swap done, and like I said before I really hope to have my junk done too. That'd be real cool if we could all get together. I know there are a couple of other guys in this area that might go too.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 02:24 PM

Man, I have a brand new Lincoln[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]. And yeah, should have it all done by then, I finally got the springs ordered. Those are supposed to be ready in 3 weeks and after there here, I can put the thing together, but then I have to measure for shocks and build hoops then get driveshafts sooo. Yeah, should be done by end of summer for sure.

post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 11:08 PM

thats cool i fired up my gmc for the first time in like a month today. felt good to give that motor some fuel. transfer case should be in tmw. driveshafts the day after, then i can drop it down off the jack stands
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode