Off Road Mag, 95 Yukon with 44s and 10bolts - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-24-2002, 06:34 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Off Road Mag, 95 Yukon with 44s and 10bolts

Anyone else see the 95 Yukon with 44s and 10s in the new issue of Off Road? That is a pretty fancy setup for 10s!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-24-2002, 09:08 AM

Re: Off Road Mag, 95 Yukon with 44s and 10bolts

I always noticed that about off-road. They seemed to like to show the trucks with really fancy paint, If you know what I mean.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-24-2002, 09:39 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

thats the first thing I noticed as well. Here the guy spends a ton of money on fancy crome stuff, Puts all the right stuff on, but lacks in a decent rearend. What a waste. But the owner does mention that at the end about other people should but in something stronger.
But another thing I noticed in that same issue was an add for Hankook tires. They look ok. I never heard of them. Any idea if they are any good?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-24-2002, 04:41 PM

yeah, i read that too. at least the owner does notice his shortcoming there [img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

but come on....how new is the idea of upgrading a rear axle??? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2002, 12:15 AM
logan_ut

I've always thought it was ironic that an OFF ROAD magazine featured 4x4's that could do nothing of the sort. I think it would be appropriate if they started a new mag entitled ON ROAD 4X4. That way we wouldn't have to sift through the mess of chrome, "euro" truck lights, and 17" lifts on Durangos in order to get to the real OFF ROAD stuff.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2002, 07:21 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I always thought off road mag where a bunch of dumb asses. The last tech article I read was an ignition box shoot out but they didn't use the matching coils. What really pisses me off is when I read about a truck and it has 39.5 to 44 inch tires, 10 bolt, 12+ inches of lift, 400+ HP small block and a 3000 stall torque converter. What the hell would you do with that Piece Of Sh*t.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2002, 09:26 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Off Road= Ricer 4x4's
The last one I bought I used to start a fire with.
If I wanted to just cruise the streets I would get a 2 wheeler.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2002, 01:38 PM

<font face="Comic Sans MS"><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

39.5 to 44 inch tires, 10 bolt, 12+ inches of lift, 400+ HP small block and a 3000 stall torque converter. What the hell would you do with that Piece Of Sh*t.

<hr></blockquote>

What I'd do with it would be lower it to 6" of lift, upgrade axles and use it for a mud bogger... [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]</font>
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2002, 02:07 PM

Yep, only mags I get now are Petersons 4wheel and JP. I know that JP is a jeep mag but theres alot of drivetrain tech in there that you won't find in the other mags. Anyway, about 10 bolts, guy I know from school has a 2000 yellow ext. cab short bed z71. Had a 6"+3" lift with 36's. Oh yeah, he also never hits a dirt road, but anyway, after telling him what I am doing with my truck, he has gotten a loan from daddy and got a 9" suspension and 4.5" body lift and 39.50 bajas. All on 1/2 ton ifs and 10 bolt. Oh yeah, no front driveshaft either[img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]. Anyway, I saw him with it the other day and he is saying how his truck is so much better than mine will be since I would have to get out and turn hubs to get into 4wd while all he has to do is push a button[img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]. Well, button doesn't do to much dude, if ya dont' have a front shaft[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]. Oh, and he just added his red flame tint to the side windows and another set of chrome shocks to each corner, lets see thats 3 on each front and 2 on each rear corner to match his chrome u-bolts and blocks.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2002, 03:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Sounds like a guys I went 4 wheeling with's buddy. The guy has a IFS chevy with 35s and his bussy said the good thing about his truck over mine was the IFS..... WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I told him lets run them up a RTI ramp and see and all hook up bumper to bumper and see who breaks first. I guess I wasn't that great of show that day though cause I hadn't gotten my new tires yet and got high centered. Darn 14FF and 31"s!!!! Now I have my 315s!!!!! Anyhow, ya, IFS is awesome! *cough cough*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode