smog stuff sucks - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2002, 11:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

smog stuff sucks

my g/f got me these pertty aluminum edelbrock valve covers for my sub, decide to pu the on today, I knew it would'nt be that easy becouse of the vacume lne from all the smog [censored] but I didn't know it would be hell, I started on the drivers side thought that would be the worst becouse I would have to remove the a.c. pump and vac. lines got that finished in like an hour,not bad I thought went to the other side than the fun started,EGR was in the way to remove the stock covers so I had to take it off but you have to remove the carb to get to the EGR and a [censored] load of vac. lines...well reoved card than EGR and than the valve cover put on my edelbrocks,no problem went to put on the EGR and it won't fit valve covers to high and its sunday nothing open to get a block off plate and still need to get it smoged next month so have to wait till tomarrow to get something to fix it than went to put the carb back on so I can put back on the vac. lines so I will remember where they go ripped the carb gasket then whent to put on the open air filter and it doesn't fit on the stock q-jet carb need some sort of riser so need less to say becouse of a valve cover change my truck is down for a couple of days what a nightmare,smog [censored] is crap I'm ready to rip it all out{as soon as I get it smogged next month
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-22-2002, 02:44 AM

Re: smog stuff sucks

<font face="Times New Roman">
<font color=green>So... smog stuff sucks because you got the wrong valve covers? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Sorry, just playing devils advocate, because none of the stuff you have actually harms the performance of the truck, just clutters the engine compartment.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-22-2002, 10:45 PM

HMM...IOWA RULES!!!!!!!, NO MUFFLER, NO CAT, NO PROBLEM!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-24-2002, 02:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'd have to agree with Drey Iowa rules we don't have smog tests just decibil leval checks if it's really loud. but they do make sure you have a muffler. Burnt out glass packs work good
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-24-2002, 03:16 PM

I need to move to Iowa.... fields of corn, and no smog laws...
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-24-2002, 08:55 PM

Tennessee rules too, no smog (except Nashvegas), no cat, no muffler, no state income tax, no snow, lotsa tellico, cheap gas...
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-24-2002, 09:41 PM

Hmm. tennessee sounds good : cheap gas and tellico.

Back home in British Columbia we have AirCare, but you can squeak around it in many ways: the easiest is to get your gvw changed to over 10000lbs, and you are exempt.. then again my 78 came with heavy duty emmisions factory: no cats, true duels, very minimal smog gear on the motor, so it only has to pass levels suitable for 78.. easy.

Here in Alberta, being the redneck province that it is, there is no emissions, lots and lots of oil money, no provincial tax, but expensive gas and smokes.. get this a pack of smokes is 9.20 canadian here now (5.75 USD), guess its about time to quit eh.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2002, 07:41 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Please don't rip it out, I too live in CA and I have too many friends who rip it out and regret doing it. They then end up paying for illegal smog certificates. Learn the systems and clean them up. They aren’t that hard to understand, it just takes a little time. You can easily make up to 400hp with the smog equipment and the Q-jet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode