Is this a good price??? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-16-2002, 08:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Is this a good price???

Hello,
I stopped by a friends body shop today, and I talked to one of the body men that know(one of the best body men in town).

Anyway I asked him how much it would cost for him to put my truck on the frame machine to straighten up the frame(I kind of twisted the frame some last time I went mudding), while we where talking I also said while the bed was off he could go ahead and cut out the rust in my cab corners and replace them with metal. Then I got to thinking I have a body lift I never got around to putting on and since the bed was going to be off, why not go ahead a put the body lift on(the whole body lift not just the rear).

He was just looking at me and the truck, and then he said he would do all of it for $200 cash money

So my question to you guys, is $200 to much money to pay for:
1. Having my frame striaghtened
2. Having my cab corners fixed correctly(with metal patch panels not just BONDO)
3. Having my body lift put on

He is not going to paint the cab corner, but my brother is a professional painter so that is not a issue

Thanks
Bryan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-16-2002, 09:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Is this a good price???

i would say it is, somewhat matters how bad the frame is bent also. welding in corners is not that hard. then u get to the lift, i have not put a body lift on yet so i don't know how hard it is.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-16-2002, 09:09 PM

That is very worth while. It cost me 200 just to do my corners.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-16-2002, 09:18 PM

Z71 are you retarded $200 to do that? ok whoever posted this go to another shop and ask them jeez $200 is too much? where do you live? $200 doesn't buy S HIT nowadays and you think straightening a frame and welding in corners isn't worth $200? damn here is a nice forum for you try www.truckworld.com forums
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-16-2002, 09:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

[email protected] tater calm down[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

I guess what your saying is that it is a good deal[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Now I just need to convince the wife.[img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

btw how much does it cost just to have a body lift installed?

Later
Bryan
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-16-2002, 10:01 PM

well around here about a month ago a "friend" or w/e he is asked a 4x4 shop and they said $500 not including parts. so there, thats a rip off you could get it cheaper but jeez z71 all that work and that is straightening a frame and u say thats high? man yer dumb, screw this man yer a regular moron
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-16-2002, 10:18 PM

<font face="Times New Roman">
<font color=green>Geez tater, not everyone knows how much body work can be, settle down dude, you're coming off like a dick. Maybe you need some [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]s or [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]s in there somewhere...

$200 is a great deal for that much work, around here just a body lift will cost more than that to install.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-16-2002, 10:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I was just wondering because after the guy said $200, I kind of had a slight pause(think to myself that this sounds like a [email protected] good deal), I resonded "well I guess it sounds okay"and he said "it itsnt to much is it" then I said "no thats fine"

He then said only help he will need is getting the bed off

So Im wondering if he will go lower if I help out.Because I think he would have went lower if I said it was to high.

Later

post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-16-2002, 10:24 PM

<font face="Times New Roman">
<font color=green>Yeah, he's either[*]stupid[*]hasn't been doing this for very long[*]likes to have his [censored] kicked by his boss for charging too little[*]eats only top ramen and has no need for money
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-16-2002, 10:31 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well you see his boss doesnt really know(I dont think he will really care though)

This will all be taken place on a saturday (they are closed on saturday)
He is not the brightest guy in the world, but he is a real good guy and has been doing body work for quite some time.

And as far as the body lift goes, he is a body man and this is a body lift. If i had the tools and the time I would do it myself.

Later
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode