Is this parts truck worth it? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2001, 06:13 PM Thread Starter

Is this parts truck worth it?

In the process of tracking down parts for my truck, I ran across a '78 K30 in decent shape with all the goodies I'm trying to find. That being the D60 that was rebuilt a year ago, 14 bolt w/a Detroit locker in the rear,44" Boggers, a 454 TH400 combo and it would be leaving me with an extra 205 t-case as well. The guy is asking 6800 for the truck, but I think I can get it for around 5500. Now I haven't done all of my homework on pricing all this stuff separately, but knowing allot of the people here have done similar projects I figure yall would know if it's worth having all the stuff at one time for one price.

Thanks for the help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2001, 07:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Is this parts truck worth it?

Uhh, thats one hell of a parts truck! Thats pretty steep. What makes it a parts truck and not a daily driver?

[img] http://bbs.off-road.com/wwwthreads_u...0-K201.JPG1985 [/img]
Chevy Fullsize K 20 "Bogger" in the making..
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2001, 12:32 AM
Keyboard Implanted

I called it a parts truck if it was in the price range of 500-600 bucks.
but 6800 it would have to in realy good shape for me to buy it at that price, theres this older that the came in the yard today in a k5 blazer that shes got for 1500, its realy clean has new tires 33s and a mild lift, I didnt notice any rust either, I figured what the hell and kinda just joking I told her Id giver 2000 for it was surpriesd Id pay that but it seemed 2000 would be a steal for it. its 85-87. so I may have to srcounge up some cash

a 6800 dollar truck is no parts truck

My truck & A Cowboys Dream!! enough said
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2001, 02:48 AM Thread Starter

What I'm looking at is a total on bolting this stuff under my '72 at a decent price. I've checked the axles alone and I'm looking at 2K. Add the 454 and and the other doo dads what do ya think? I've got the norm 1/2T stuff as far as D44, 12 bolt ect....what I want is more... (doesn't everyone)? What I'm asking is do you think I could find the parts cheaper individually, or buy the truck with the parts I want as a whole. The K30 is a good truck... but a daily driver on 44's naaaaa thats not what I'm looking for. The money thing is tight, I don't have much. That brings me back to my origional question, is it worth it?

help before i spend all my money

post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2001, 01:41 PM
Can't Get Enough

about 6 doesn't sound bad. you caould also sell the tires and lift for about 2K or 2500 and get some of your price back. The 454 Th400 205 setup is worth a bit together. Especially considering the Th400/205 adapter is 600 bucks from the dealer or anywhere else for that matter. And having all the parts from the same truck means the will work together with no probs since the have been doing it for years.

pics of the V30
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode