edelbrock efi??????? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2001, 07:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

edelbrock efi???????

anyone ever used the edelbrock efi kits for big block gm's im thinking of using this on my new big block mainly because I dont need a laptop to adjust it ( they come with a control pad) . just wonderin if any body had any comments on this or other aftermarket multi port efi system thenks in advance

when in doubt, let er feed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2001, 10:24 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: edelbrock efi???????

If you go to the chevy home page (off-road.com/chevy) they have a big-block edelbrock EFI build-up. Lots of good ideas in there.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2001, 11:44 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have used 2 of them on SBC's. Edelbrock has the system down pat. They come with new fuel lines, and everything you need. Systems run about 1,000, but the change in power and mileage make up for it quick.

Rhino

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2001, 02:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Talk to Steve Watson at www.offroaddesign.com. He has installed the Edelbrock on his BBC. I run the Holley MPI with the 950 Commander. Yes, the Holley system does need a laptop to configure it but if you can get on the internet and browse, you can run Holleys Commander setup program. It's that easy. I also like the interface since I can see everything at once (RPM, A/F ratio, temp, MAP, pulse width, air temp, timing, etc). With the Edelbrock, you can't. It only needs a 486 laptop/computer or better (I think even a 386 would work) and those are cheap to come by. I can store a config file on a floppy/hard drive so it's easy to go back if you make a mistake with the setup. The sample 502 file started up my BBC on the 1st try. I couldn't believe it. Brian Wadall (got 1st place in 2001 TTC) also ran Holleys 950 Commander system.

Shawn
87 K5
few mods

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode