A Lesson In Humility - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2001, 09:11 PM
Resurrection_Joe

A Lesson In Humility

Hmmm. As I reflect and think about most things, I am generally happy. My truck wouldnt start today. I never looked at all the possible problems, just assumed it was the starter and battery and went and priced both online. Turns out when i went outsied and calmed down, I lifted the hood and there was a mountain of green corrosion on the terminals. Baking soda and water later, she starts and runs great. I even yelled at my mom cause of it. Im an really a jackass, I need to apologize. I love my mom. Awwwwwww.

Thank you good night.

Hey, make this into a cool story thread, post all your stupid feats too!

1978 K20, 355, TH 400, NP 205, D44, 14FF, 7" Lift, 36" TSL Radials
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2001, 09:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: A Lesson In Humility

Dump a coke on it,(the battery not your Mom) it works too.

"Bubba Tub" 1977 K-10 350,Th350,Np203 D60/14ff 4.56's Detroit Rear. 7" lift, 39.5/16.5 Swamper TSL's.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2001, 09:36 PM
Veteran

Stupidest thing I ever did truck realated was one time the windsheild wiper fluid(window piss as I call it) was all out on my 90 2wd. Anyway, I go into the shop and get a jug and pop the hood and undo the cap on plastic container on the side and filler right up. When the just was almost empty I said to my self though....funny, usually GM winshield washer fluid resevor's don't take the whole jug (usually there is an ince or so left in the jug). Anyway, so it was full and I jumped back into the truck and started driving and thought I would now clean my windshield so I started spraying and nothing was comming out. I could hear the pump going but no window piss:-( Anyway.....right away I said to my self OH F&*#!!!!!!!! I filled up the rad resevoir with window piss!!!!!!!

Talk about being an idiot. Didn't really do anything to the truck though and if it did it was a peice of crap anyway so no big deal. But damn, did I feel stupid!

Ryan

93 GMC Yukon
Chevy SuperStock 4x4 Truck Puller
Great Lakes Truck & Tractor Pulling Association
http://www.greatlakespull.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2001, 09:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well..my stupidest feat was when I was 16. I was working underneath my first car (a 1952 Chevy 2dr Hardtop), with only ONE jackstand supporting the entire side of the vehicle. Needless to say..the car rolled back about an inch, and it fell off the jackstand. It literally came within a 16th of an inch of touching my chest when it came down. I don't think I've ever been that scared in my life.

Another time was when two of my buddies and I were cruising around in my friend Ed's 1983 Mail Jeep. It was raining, and the guy sitting in the middle (on the makeshift console) kept screwing with the shifter, getting me really irritated. Well, we're back to the dorm parking lot, and I decide to be a ***** and do some donuts (it was raining at the time). Now, if you'd ever driven a Mail Jeep before, you have an idea how unstable they are. I turned left at about 15 mph, dropped it in first, cut the wheel and floored it. Halfway into the donut, the rear tire caught pavement, blew out, and facilitated a rollover. Not just on it's side...all the way to it's roof. Thank goodness I was wearing my seatbelt! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Here's a pic or two of the aftermath:

That's me..hand's bandaged because the windshield came down on it. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

What was left of the roof...

A view from inside..notice where the windshield should be, all the stickers, and how it's covered with mud. It was a fantastic trail vehicle! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Afterwards we cut the top off with a die grinder. And we always wore helmets driving it around. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

How's that for stupid? I could go on for days, lol...

post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2001, 09:45 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Ive been not so bright a time or two, One day my truck wouldnt start, it would just click so I new for sure it was the starter. I pulled the starter and took my moms rig to have it tested, well turns out it was fine, truck started after I hooked up the batter terminals and the starter was I bolted on, I got to thinking how the battery terminals were only finger tight. dang terminals alot of work to find it was just a loose terminal.

My truck & A Cowboys Dream!! enough said
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2001, 10:01 PM
Drew K1500

I had a 91 Nissan p/u that i loved. Well one day i left it running in my parents front driveway. I swore I had put the parking brake on but i looked back and saw the truck rolling backwards. My parents live on a hill so that the top of their road is above the roofs of the houses across the street. My truck went right between 2 apricot trees and the only thing that stopped it from going through the neighbors roof was a Fitzer bush that caught the leaf springs about 2 feet from the edge. 2nd. I was trying to install a add a leaf on my 93 half ton with a little tiny bottle jack. Well the jack broke with my fingertips in between the leaf springs. Ripped all of the fingernails off of my right hand in about 1/2 second. Needless to say I wrapped my hand with paper towels and went back to work after a cold Pepsi.

How does it feel to be beaten by a sewing machine?
HUSQVARNA WXC610
Fly Your Flag, Support our Veterans

post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2001, 10:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

And one time at Band Camp......

If it don't fit force it, and if all else fails get a bigger hammer!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2001, 02:50 AM

well i;'d love to tell some of my storuies here, but i fear i may have coinsumed too much "pepsi" do to so. so here's what a wise man told me one time. "if you hear hood beats...think horses, not zebras' i didn;t understand at first, but the moral of the story is fix the easy [censored] forst. its usually the casue...you know the more cokmon horse as oipposed to the exotoc zebre..whatever.. nudd for me. of to the sleeping table (i.e. bed)
---Peacock

<font color=red>96 Z-71 EXTcab, richmond 3.73, detroit rear, cold air, dual flowmasters, new drive-train </font color=red>
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2001, 09:09 AM

Hmmm, well there was that one time I cut off a cat converter off a Trans Am, slag droppen my pants and caught my pants on fire.... something about a raving lunatic running around the shop with no pants on......humiliating for sure.....

95 4Runner
00 Ford F-250 Super Duty

To deceive an enemy, pretend you fear him.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2001, 12:48 PM

i think that most of us have done the slag in the boot things. as much as i hate to admit it. I've done it before...then once again before i started wearing long pants as a religion when welding. hot slag is not comfortable against the skin.
---Peacock

<font color=red>96 Z-71 EXTcab, richmond 3.73, detroit rear, cold air, dual flowmasters, new drive-train </font color=red>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode