snow chains - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2001, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

snow chains

Hunting seasons almost here, that also means snow in higher elevations. so Im going to get a set of chains as soon as posible, Im tired of slidding all over roads and getting stuck and haveing to did my self out all the time. I know Ill probably just get stuck in deeper snow with the chains.
I also decided to keep my 285s because if I threw a set of chains on 35s the eat my fenders for lunch.

SO who makes a good set of chains that will hold up in the rough, our old 97 PSD would eat the chains of the front. the chains would just break at the links then theyed end up around the axle, and that sux

are there any sites that have some good heavy chains, I Know theyl be pretty spend so for now Ill just a pair of 2 so the front can be chained.

thankx in advance
Evan

My truck & A Cowboys Dream!! enough said
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2001, 12:54 AM
sayl4u

Re: snow chains

If you have a Lesschwab tire shop around they have Lacleed brand tire chains,Ive run them for 7 years on my 92. get the ones with the cam tightners!!

post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2001, 01:50 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

ya we do, but I dont know how good those ones are, and i was tring not to use my account there, lol thanks for the info

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2001, 08:27 AM
blt2ski

You can go to just about any "good" parts place, tire shop etc, get ahold of the catalog for their chain supplier, go thru it and you will see the different levels of chain quality that are avilible. Most have the std smaller chain that is stocked, but all can get them (order) in a chin size larger with more strength etc. I did this for the chains on my truck.
Marty

post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2001, 11:35 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Ive been searching the net for anygood brands or designs, I have found they make cable chains now, guess they seem to work as goood as chains, I didnt know how many dif kinds of patterns there are but there are all kinds of cross pattersn and all kinds of stuff,

guess i will just have to look throught there catalogs, one other thing though, I havent seen any for a tire larger than a 265 so I may run into a problem there?

thankx
Evan

post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2001, 07:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Kid, I work for the Dept. of Highways and on our pickups and snow plow trucks we use Campbell chains. We run them all winter and they seem to last fairly well.

Real cowboys stay in the saddle longer[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode