I'm back! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2001, 04:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I\'m back!

I just wanted to give a quick hello to everyone. I've been off the board for about a month. There's been some family problems I've been going through for the last two months and it's been a struggle to get everything resolved. I've also had some computer problems and most of my email is gone for the last month. I hope I didn't miss anything too important.

Shawn
87 K5
few mods

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2001, 04:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: I\'m back!

Welcome back, I hope everything works out ok for you. I got laid off a few weeks back so I ended up putting my stock steering arm back in instead of my drop arm. I will get to the crossover soon I hope. There is a recent post on my steering somewhere. Thanks again for your help and good luck.

"Bubba Tub" 1977 K-10 350,Th350,Np203 D60/14ff 4.56's Detroit Rear. 7" lift, 39.5/16.5 Swamper TSL's.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2001, 05:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks Frank. Sorry to hear about your news. The crossover will be a big help when you get it on.

Shawn
87 K5
few mods

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2001, 05:09 PM

Welcome back man, now that I think about it I havent seen you post in a while. Anyway, is everything resolved now or are you still working on it? Hope everything turns out good for ya.

Jason
Big Willy Style
http://www.projectbigwilly.com

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2001, 05:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks Jason. Things are ~almost~ back to normal. Its been hell for the last 2 months!

Can't wait to see when your Willy's comes alive! I have alot of respect for people that do a project like that!

Shawn
87 K5
few mods

post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2001, 05:59 PM
Resurrection_Joe

Shawn is alive, hooray for Shawn, ladedahdedah, baroom baroom baroom. (all in a sing song voice)

Damn its good to hear from you. That little "Flatbed would be cool" comment locked the project into being. Bobbed frame flatbed on its way. Check out a post called flatbed version 3 for the latest ideas.

You were way right about the fenders, I cut that one tire up even more in Derby Hill by Cheyenne. I got addicted to trail running though! I'll need to trim the hell out of the front and ther flatbed will fix the rear. I want bigger anf tougher tires next time, so I'll probably go witth a 36" or 37" (if they make one) TSL SX next time around. Not that the ones you sold me suck, its just that Im paranoid about everything. Hee hee.

How are your 38's ? Update me later, I'll be in the chat room tonight, so check in if you're not saving souls or helping people or some other thing you wierd god like people do.

My starter blew out today damn. Those coupons are gonna help me after all I guess.

Sorry bad stuff has come your way, I dont expect you to go into the details, but whatever it is, I hope it comes out all right, anything you want you can call me. You have before. At my aunts house. You idiot.

Anyway, bad things shouldn't be happening to you Shawn, they should be happening to "Captain I have no rocker panels, 2x6 for a bumpstop, aliens are eating my brain man". Frank that is. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

I only sent you one email about two weeks ago wondering if you were ok, but I guess you are. So no worries there.

Uh, blah blah blah, dum dee dum. Bye then, good luck "spicky" *runs away*

1978 K20, 355, TH 400, NP 205, D44, 14FF, 7" Lift, 36" TSL Radials
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2001, 09:02 PM

<font color=blue>Hey Shawn nice to see ya![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Look back a coupla weeks, And you'll see the latest Adventures of Andreas!!!!! Other than that nothing earth shattering has happend I suppose. I'm sorry to hear about everything you've been sacked with[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img], Hope things are better soon. Laterz[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img].</font color=blue>

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][b]Boomerang Boy, Captain Boomerang, What ever, It's all good![b][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2001, 10:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks guys. Looking foward to seeing the flatbed. And yep, have to hack the fenders. No other way around that unless you want to run a 20" lift! The 38.5" SX tires are working great! They're actually quiet but I think as they wear, they will get noisey. They're also smooth except in the mornings when they have flat spots. Your email was probably one of the 100's I lost. Sorry. Anyway, keep it up with the cartoons. You should include all the regulars in your cartoons.

Shawn
87 K5
few mods

post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2001, 10:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Welcome back. Nuff said

Ryan

-I shoulda been a cowboy-
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2001, 11:22 PM
Mud in my Veins

Welcome back Shawn.

What width are those SX's? I think my next truck is going to end up with some 35x15.5 SX's or maybe 36x12.5 SX's. How are they treating you on the road?

1992 Blazer Sport, 350, 4L60, Rancho 2"[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img], 285/75R16 AT's, K&N, Flowmaster, MSD[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
Aircraft, Cars, and Me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode