SSR's vrs. Dirt Grip, whic is the better tire - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2001, 01:00 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

SSR\'s vrs. Dirt Grip, whic is the better tire

I would like your opinions on which is the better all around aggressive tire. The info I am looking for is what is the expected tread life of each, how do they handle on wet/dry pavement (unfortunately, my truck also has to be a daily driver), and then in the fun stuff like mud, snow, trails, and occasionally ice. I have had BFG ATís that worked great on snow, ice, rain, and pavement but they did not self-clean good enough for me in the mud. My first impression is that the Dirt Grips will handle better on wet pavement & ice due to having more siping and supposedly having a "sticky" tire compound, but the latter also means a shorter lifespan. Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Parnelli Jones Dirt Grip

Super Swamper SSR

Now for the eye candy.
I have the same indigo blue truck sans lift and tires shown on http://godmudders.com/gallery.htm which is what I am striving to make my truck look like. I used a paint program to take the 'ol virtual gas axe to the picture and created what I believe Chevy should have done years ago. It would be a frame fabrication nightmare to shorten the bed 1.5 feet but I think it would make a nice looking crossover vehicle...much better than the competition and a lot more versatile.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2001, 08:50 AM

Re: SSR\'s vrs. Dirt Grip, whic is the better tire

uhh, i have no idea about the tires. i haven't used either one.

as for that pic there, i thought it looked kinda odd. then i read the post and your little chop job there [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] its a nice truck...but i'm not a big fan of losing bed length. i like the cab, but i think that engineers should find a way to have a USEABLE fullsize bed and have a good sized cab. of course, i guess that's what 3/4 tons are for...(and i have no problem wih driving a 3/4t) [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] but i guess enginners got to think about all the "in-towner" folk. you know, the ones that are afraid/can't drive/park anything longer than a honda. since, evidently, their buying masses are more influent than say, folks of my buying mass....well, we lose [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

pretty truck though [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

<font color=blue>Shorts</font color=blue>

Your what is stuck? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode