new Avalanche - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2001, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

new Avalanche

wtf is it? I can't decide if i like it or not. What do yall think? I did stop by a dealer just to get a closer look and saw it had a locking diff. When did they start that again, or did they stop, or have they ever in a 1/2 tone?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2001, 06:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: new Avalanche

I don't like them myself. I also stopped by a dealership to check one out..didn't like it, and a guy a few houses down just bought one..didn't like it either. One of the biggest reasons why I don't like 'em are because all of the plastic they put on it. But if you like em and can afford it, more power to ya. But thats just my opinion.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2001, 07:17 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I think that although they are ugly they are inovateive with things like the wall between the bed and the box that folds down out of the way.Also thet're a little on the expensive side.

Take care of the pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2001, 07:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

when i first saw one at the auto show, i liked it, but now that they removed the lights from over the cab, and added twice as much plastic... they screwed it up. (im talking about looks alone, i never looked "under the hood")

Will work for mods

Current mods--> 31x10.5x15 ProComp MT, 15x8 AR767 rims, K&N, MSD Ignition Coil.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2001, 08:10 PM
Can't Get Enough

The locking dif should be a Gov-loc. And since these are available as a 3/4 ton, you can get a 14SF and a 6.0L.

pics of the V30 which is still for sale or possible trade.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2001, 09:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

they look stupid all that plastic will probly start fallin off if you even thought about goin anywhere but down town i feel they should make one model thats sfa old style for guys like us i bet it would sell make a real truck for a change

when in doubt, let er feed
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2001, 12:57 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

i think theyre ugly as sin!! i know one guy here on the board has one though - cant remember the name. they cant even GIVE them away down here in florida (where people drive REAL trucks [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]) dealers have had them sitting on the lots for months! very few driving on the roads, nobody wants em

Mike ~
* Earnhardt Forever *

89 Chevy K1500 some goodies, but not enough! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2001, 02:08 AM

I hope all the "more plastice than sheet metal" fad dies down. I also think its ugly like sin. I hope this isn't the direction that things keep going, because I drove around in a plasic car when I was 5, and I don't wanna drive around in one when I'm 30. If I have kids I certainly don't want them to grow up never knowing sheetmetal. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] See where I'm coming from?

post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2001, 05:34 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Can someone please tell me what Chevrolet was thinking??? Is there really a market for that plastic crap? What are people like us going to do if they ever go exclusively to making the "plastic vehicles". I guess its all the more reason to hold onto what I have...

- Rick - 98' GMC X-Cab Z-71 33 X 12.50 BFG MT, 2" Body Lift
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2001, 07:15 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I pretty much put that truck on the same level as the Aztek(ugly as sin).G.M puts out some nice stuff but needs to get a little more customer influence before they release a design.As far as a locking diff. that has been on 1/2 tons as an option for a long time.

2000 Z71 4" Rancho 295/75/16 AR Baja's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode