OT Real Estate Question Any Realtors out there? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2001, 03:03 PM Thread Starter

OT Real Estate Question Any Realtors out there?

Sorry but this has NOTHING to do with four wheelin or trucks!

I am Selling my house and having a new one built. Since I have about 6 months to sell my house I figured I would try to sell it myself. It seams to be going good I made flyers and have a few signs up, and am getting lots of calls and people comming to look at it[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

BUT I am also getting LOTS of realtor's that say they have people interested in my house but will not show it to them unless I pay them a 3 percent "CO-Broke" the house being $210,000 means I would have to give them over $6,000 for doing what? they did not even list the property on the computer[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
Sounds like a rip off to me![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Anyway, I have also seen some "For Sale By Owner" Signs that Say "Courtesy paid to Broker" What does that mean? is that a percentage or just a "Flat price" that you set yourself I don't mind paying a realtor $1,000 or $2,000 if I get the full price But I thing $6,000 is crazy.
Any realtors out there, can you tell me what to do, or how this "courtesy" thing works?

Scooby Dooby Doo !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2001, 03:06 PM

Re: OT Real Estate Question Any Realtors out there?

One of my best g/fs is a realtor. I'm sending her a copy of this... I'll let you know what I find out!

Cheryle

I live in my own little world, but it's OK, they know me here
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2001, 03:10 PM Thread Starter

THANKS ! I would sure appretiate it[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Cars / Trucks, Four wheelin / drag racing this stuff I know !
Real estate ?????????????[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]I Have not a clue?

Scooby Dooby Doo !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2001, 03:44 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i'm a realtor. and i could give you numerous stories that would make you pay $6k quickly. "Your NewHouse" tv show with michael holigan just last week expressed the necessity of using realtors. BUT there again i can tell you stories of people that things went smoothly.
as per realtors calling saying that they have someone interested, i do this, and yes they probably do have someone. reason is , we have list of people we are looking out for houses for. it might be your neighborhood, house design, school district, etc, etc........ whatever reason you are building your new house at, might be the same reason someone wants yours, simple as that.
Scooby, and on the other hand yes, they might be just trying to get into your home to try to get you to sign with them so they can make a commission/living. 3% is pretty much normal for co-broking a house.
if you want, just jack the price up a little to cover the commission and sign a ONE day listing agreement for 3% if a realtor has a potential client. email me off-board if i can help, and no i don't want any $$$, thanks anyway, i am in south carolina remember, cya mick
ps i am gone for a long while and might be on later tonight, cya

post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2001, 04:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Any lawyer that deals in real estate or with title companies will help you for a small fee.Most people that work for title co.'s can help you without a problem.Within my family we have sold 5 houses in the last couple years without a real estate agent.I feel a real estate agent is only good as a last resort or a speedy sale.Besides with the saved commision $$$ you can get a hoist or pole barn for your next home.

2000 Z71 4" Rancho 295/75/16 AR Baja's
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2001, 04:29 PM

Scoobydoo... I PM'd you on this... good luck!

Cheryle

I live in my own little world, but it's OK, they know me here
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2001, 10:22 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Scoob, did you get my last reply off-board explaining the "help you sell" company. my email said it was delayed or something another when i replied.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2001, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

mick, No I havent received it.

And, thanks again for all the help you and shewheeler and "shewheelers friend" have given me[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Scooby Dooby Doo !!!
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2001, 01:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

well, let's hope that it gets there, it was long and i deleted your message to me, give it a day or two, cya

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode