Tuff country Kit - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2001, 01:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Tuff country Kit

Hello there, I'm new to this board and currently working on getting my tahoe lifted. But I came across a real deal I feel I cannot pass up. Someone is selling me a Tuff country 6 in lift for a decent price. can anyone give me any pro's or cons about this lift. He didn't give me that much info on the lift itself except that it is a 6 in tuff country lift old style ( I take it the new style is with the one piece subframe assem?) He also said that it has new shocks and put about 30,000 miles on it> How much do you think I should pay for a kit like this. Any help would be great.
Thanks
Rod

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2001, 02:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Tuff country Kit

$0 Me & my buddies put a tuff country lift on a Super Duty & a Ram which neither are complicated lifts & they both were junk.The Ford went back to stk. after 2 months & the Ram is slowly converting over to all Skyjacker lift.You get what you pay for stands absolutly true with a Tuff Country lift,it is very poorly built.When I lifted my Z71 I looked into them & asked for a copy of the assembly procedure,the manual looked like someone had drawn it on bar napkins w/ a golf pencil.That's just my $.02 worth.

2000 Z71 4" Rancho 295/75/16 AR Baja's
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2001, 02:50 PM

Bar napkin with a golf pencil [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] LOL [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] too funny!

I don't know anything about tuff country lifts but I would seriosly question why this guy is selling it, he obviosly has had it and no longer wants it, WHY?

Scooby Dooby Doo !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2001, 03:13 PM
Drew K1500

Of course if you ask 10 people about lifts then you will get 10 different answers. Tuff Country are decent but not quite the best. The are almost an exact copy of Pro-Comps. Neither of these lifts are true off road gear. I also wonder why he is getting rid of the kit.

How does it feel to be beaten by a sewing machine?
HUSQVARNA WXC610
Fly Your Flag, Support our Veterans

post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2001, 03:37 PM
72dreamer

the fact that tuff country came out with a "new and improved 1 pc subframe" oughta tell you something. it'll be ultimately up to you but i'd be weary of that one.

Marriage is like a skin graft, it may or may not take.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2001, 03:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks For the Info! The owner of the lift never told me the exact reason why he is getting rid of it. Looks like I may stick to getting a Rancho!
Thanks Again

96 Tahoe Flowmaster 265 BFG AT 16x8 A/R Baja Pics to come later!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2001, 04:06 PM

Rancho came out with a Crappy lift too, and now they replaced it with the good one "Sub frame"

Scooby Dooby Doo !!!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2001, 08:28 PM
Keyboard Implanted

they must have all been crappy lifts at one time.

One of the guys I work for has one on his 94 its a 6" and hes running 35s and he has no problems, adn his truck rides alot better than mine, hes also only had it alighed ounce 3 years ago when he put the kit on, and the front end hasnt been touched since, tires wear perfect.
I also think ranchos new 4" kit would be the way to go, thats whatl go on mine if I can ever afford it, wich probably will be never. this is just an opion though.

14B SF rear, Sh!t up front
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode