how's this for a monday... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2001, 02:01 AM Thread Starter

how\'s this for a monday...

read this and tell me its not a piss-poor day....it gets good at the end
well first day of classes at michigan state university..not all bad. school is school. i went to go get my books. all of my courses require at least three books. 18credit hours worth of books just cost me 650 dollars...hell thats a pretty decent set of tires that i need badly...you'll see why later
at a party i went to over the weekend some freshamn chick kissed me....my woman was furious. i mean i didn;t ask for it. i just had an extra beer in my hand and she wanted it. i left that party and went to dekes frat...then had a hell of a good time....i did the right thing and told my girlfriend about it the very next morning...she was upset..didn;t want to see me anymore...blah blah blah. i went to see her tonight. she has early class in the am so i wanted to get there fast so i could catch her before she went to bed.
well i met a new buddy while driving down there. he wore a nice blue uniform and a pretty badge too. he gave me a souvenir. offense code8062 civil infraction speeding. he got me for 92 in a 70. kinda sucks eh? oh well i was speeding...certainly not that fast, but oh well. he saw my truck with all the MSU decals and such and asked my major. i told him mechanical engineering...true...and a minor in criminal justice...not so true. he asked who my prof was and i gave him my fathers name as a primary teacher ever since i was a kid and then the name of some other CJ prof at school. turns out this dude had my dad for a prof back when he was going to state. let me off with 75in70...no points..just a fine. only good thing all day.
got to womans place. [censored] hit the fan....flew very far...i told her to just do what she neded to do so she hugged me and said everything was alright..basically.
while there it hammered down rain.lightning..power outage..the whole shot. truck windows were open..i forgot. man were my seats soaked. got to ride home in wet seats...i hate wet seats
<font color=red> heres where it gets good </font color=red>

ever seen a set of bowling pins bounce around and smash into each other? i saw it at highway speeds. 6 vehicles were ahead of me about 1/4 miles. i saw lights spinning around and spreading so i slowed down, but not enough. there was a 4" deep puddle across bother lanes where a depression in the road was. everyoine hydroplaned and skidded around. i skidded too and got a lil sideways...so i did the best thing i could think of. i dropped it down a gear and floored it. wheels moved enough water to get traction and the detroit locker (thank god i had it) kicked in....pushed me straight ahead instead of spinning me. i stopped and grabbed a few flare packs from the tool box. as i was running back to check the other people i droped a few and then headed up the road and marked the danger for others. everyone turned out to be okay. one lady in a lil honda had neck pain, but other than that all was alright. a ford ranger, an s-10 and a chevy halfton were off in the ditch. i pulled the trio of them out with my bowtie and they were thankful. offered me money, but i refused. just glad i could help. one dude called the police so they came and slowed traffic to avoid similar incident.
its coo lto pull out three vehicles in 10 minutes. i love pulling peeps out. moral of the story is....the speed limit is a limit..doesn;t mean you have to go that fast...faster and you get a ticket....slower might notbe slow enough. all of them recieved citations for driving too fast for conditions. the same officer that got me earlier was on scene and thanked me for helping and warning the other drivers. he said he wished he still had my ticket with him he'd just discard it, but he had already dropped it off at the station when he refueled. oh well. just the way it goes.
sorry for the frickin novel, but i'm bored and wanted to vent a bit.
---Peacock

<font color=red>96 Z-71 EXTcab, richmond 3.73, detroit rear, cold air, dual flowmasters, new drive-train </font color=red>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2001, 02:08 AM
Mud in my Veins

Re: how\'s this for a monday...

Jeeze, reminds me of my life. Drama after drama.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Sometimes it makes things more fun[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img], other times it downright sucks[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img].

Keep trudging along and after a while you won't be trudging and things will be better. You know my situation.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350, 4L60, Rancho 2"[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img], 285/75R16 AT's, K&N, Flowmaster, MSD[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
Aircraft, Cars, and Me
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2001, 02:23 AM Thread Starter

yeah, i feel your pain man. at leat my woman is close enough to just go see. soon enough you'll be able to say the same about that kiwi. take it ewasy man and try to remain calm.
---Peacock

<font color=red>96 Z-71 EXTcab, richmond 3.73, detroit rear, cold air, dual flowmasters, new drive-train </font color=red>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2001, 03:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I just started a new job at USC about 2 weeks ago. Let me tell you, I was pretty discouraged at the lack of scenery[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]. But yesterday was the first day of classes over here too... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]Man!!![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] I see so many fine lookin' ladies walking around here now[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] I know this is off subject but when you mentioned "first day of classes" it just made me think of this. I guess I just forgot what the campus life is like. It's been years since I set foot on one.

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]Somebody once said "Go Big" . . . Well we're goin' Full Size[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2001, 06:28 PM

girls are so petty....especially to get upset over something like guys........ [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

<font color=blue>Shorts</font color=blue>

Your what is stuck? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2001, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

i hear that shorts. where can i find a chick tht knows more about chevy trucks than most guys? and i really don;t want to have a g/f as far away as texas [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
---Peacock

post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2001, 11:04 PM

hehe [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] i'm dying to find a guy in texas that knows more about chevys than me...i can't carry all the weight in the relationship [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2001, 11:10 PM Thread Starter

well good frickin luck on that one. you may have your standards set a wee bit too high.
--Peacock

post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2001, 11:45 PM

hehe .....nah..... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] i just gotta go where the chevy cowboys flow [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode