OT internet job search - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2001, 02:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

OT internet job search

I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with internet job search sites like monster.com etc. I will most likely have to relocate to stay in my field so I would like to find a good site to post my resume'. I am in the Semiconductor fabrication field, specifically LPCVD/ Diffusion. I have a few more weeks of pay before I need to make money. Thanks.

"Bubba Tub" 1977 K-10 350,Th350,Np203 D60/14ff 4.56's Detroit Rear. 7" lift, 39.5/16.5 Swamper TSL's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2001, 03:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: OT internet job search

I hate to sound negative but in my experience those sites are worthless[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img]. I recently posted my resume on a few of those sites. I got a whole crapload of phone calls from really bright positive recruiters who say things like "Awesome!", "Fantastic!", "Have an outrageous day!". They basically gave me their hype and wasted my time and never got me one job interview[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img]. I've found that it's better to build a working relationship with one or two local recruiters to actually get any results. You're in a different field of work though so it may be different for you. I'm in the computer industry. I have since gotten a new job and I STILL get e-mail everyday from those sites about jobs that I already applied for. Couldn't hurt totry it. I hope your experience is better than mine. Good luck.

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]Somebody once said "Go Big" . . . Well we're goin' Full Size[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2001, 03:18 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: OT internet job search

I'm with Jim on this one too - boy those recruiters sure are a happy bunch. Makes you wanna bash 'em over the head sometimes. Aside from the barage of phone calls, and the occasional interview (with the recruiers) they rarely lead anywhere. Not to mention most large/sucessful companies either have an EXCLUSIVE agreement with ONE agency (Meaning that if another agencies submits you, not only will you be considered, you CAN'T be considered through the exclusive company). Otherwise lots of companies still prefer to hire in house. Again as Jim sated, this is in regards to the IT/IS fields, it might be a little different for your line of work. Try looking for sites that (somewhat) cater to your field.

The only really valueable site I have found, where companies post directly, is America's Job Bank - http://www.ajb.dni.us/. Lotsa categories. Good luck!

-Ut
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode