T minus 5 day till departure...... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2001, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

T minus 5 day till departure......

<font color=blue>Howdy! On saturday I will be leaving for 2 weeks[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img], I'm going to TheDieselPages Rondeavous in Moraine Ohio with Dad and Mom and my Brother and sisters, It's about 2500 miles each way from Seattle! Anyway I don't know why I'm making this post, I'm just board, And thought I'd post now, Instead of dropping a bombshell on friday[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]. We will be seeing a tour of the new Duramax Diesel plant, In addition to a tour of the plant that makes 6.5's, And there's some other stuff to do also. We're also kinda hopeing that maybe we'll get the distance award[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]. Also along the way, We're also going to go to Mount Rushmore, And drive through Yellowstone, And on the way back on september the 15 We're going to stop in Palouse(sp?) Washington, Where some local bommerangers, Are doing a demonstration for Palouse's local newspaper the Boomerang![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] As part of their yearly fall parade/festviel. Al in all it ought to be a fun coupla weeks! I think I'll post our route if anyone is interested, And if I can find out what it is from dad[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]. I'll just wrap this up now then. Laterz.</font color=blue>

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][b]Boomerang Boy, Captain Boomerang, What ever, It's all good![b][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2001, 03:43 PM
Resurrection_Joe

Re: T minus 5 day till departure......

So close yet so far. Have fun! Be sure to check out Mt. Rushmore. It's cool. I drove up it on the way home. Really, right over the top. Randy spotted me.

1978 K20, 355, TH 400, NP 205, D44, 14FF, 7" Lift, 36" TSL Radials
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2001, 03:44 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Almost went to that 2 years ago, but couldn't get the time off (they had the first couple Duramax's and were showing them off). Let me know how it goes (I've let my membership lapse that site - gotta get that back). Lemme know if there's any kewl tips -n- stuff for my oilburner...=0)

'83 Blue 'Burban K10, 4" with 35's, 6.5l oilburner, 700R4/208
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2001, 06:03 PM Thread Starter

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

So close yet so far. Have fun! Be sure to check out Mt. Rushmore. It's cool. I drove up it on the way home. Really, right over the top. Randy spotted me.

<hr></blockquote>

<font color=blue>Yes so close but so far.....[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] It's amazaing you aren't dead[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img], I whouldn't trust Randys spotting as far as I could chuck a pile of poop![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
And BigBluOx, I'll make a post or something when I get back, With any overwhelmingly good ideas for MORE POWER!!!![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]</font color=blue>

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][b]Boomerang Boy, Captain Boomerang, What ever, It's all good![b][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2001, 09:38 PM
blt2ski

Oh dear oh me oh my! What stupid thing have I got myself into! 2 weeks, 6,000 miles, twin 15 yr olds, a 13 yr old nd a 9 yr old. Not to mention the "WIFE"!
Say your prayers folks, I may not live to tell about it!
Maybe I should start drinking! or ?

Marty alias 298gmc's dad

oh dear oh me oh my!

post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2001, 10:10 PM Thread Starter

<font color=blue>Yes poor poor dad[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img], He shall likly go insaine[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]. But of course dad is the one who hasen't been on more than a weekend camping trip, In more then 5 years, So I suspect dad may enjoy himself more than he is letting on[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img].</font color=blue>

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode