Over Heating - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2001, 11:37 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Over Heating

Need a little help here....I have a 94 Chevy full-size 4x4 I've just picked up. I've been over it top to bottom and for the most part is in pretty good shape. I have a 6 inch Superlift and a 3 inch body lift. as soon as the weather started getting hot I started running the air cond and have been noticing that in traffic the cooling system doesn't seem to be keeping up..in other words the heat starts creeping up on it. I've also noticed that down at the beach while driving on the san it seems to creep also...I've replaced the radiator, thermostat, and flushed the engine...still no difference..is it possible that the three inch lift is my problem??? the fan and radiator don't seem to match up very well? if so any suggestions?? fabricate a shroud? electric fan? a new flex fan? any help would be appreciated!!
thanks...JB

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2001, 11:49 AM

Re: Over Heating

if you don't have a fan shroud, get one! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] that makes a big difference.

<font color=blue>Shorts</font color=blue>

Your what is stuck? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2001, 01:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

there have been quite a few people here that have gotten their heads bashed in because they had cooling problems and no shroud, so if i were you i would keep it quiet hehehe.
my guess would be that whoever put the 3" lift on dumped the shroud since like you said the fan doesn't line up. the way i see it you got three choices, drop the radiator (if possible), get a shroud that would fit it the way it is (or fabricate one since i never even heard of one made for that purpase) or go electric fans since they come with their own shrouds and mount on to the radiator as opposed to the motor.

Will work for mods

Current mods--&gt; 31x10.5x15 ProComp MT, 15x8 AR767 rims, K&N, MSD Ignition Coil.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2001, 02:44 PM

Man, when I did my 3" body lift I spent like 3 hours getting that lower shroud to fit perfect around everything so I could keep it. I didn't know that most people just chuck them. Glad I didn't.

Jason
Big Willy Style
http://www.projectbigwilly.com

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2001, 05:55 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I pulled mine off so i didnt have to trim it, incase i wanted it back to stock again we have 100+ temps here everday during the summer and I havent noticed a temp increase since, but I dont have AC so that could be why

Id say the easieast thing to do would be to fab a bracket for the rad to sit in Maybe bolt some channel to the bottomso the rad can sit in it or something to that affect

14B SF rear, Sh!t up front
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode