Whiplash lifts - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2001, 10:29 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Whiplash lifts

I`m going to be buying an 02 Chevy 3/4 ton HD with Duramax. And will lift it as soon as I get it home. I would like to stay away from a body lift.And want it lifted 8-10"(or more) has anyone here heard of http://www.whiplashperformance.org/G.../ChevyGal.html and if so are they trust worthy?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2001, 11:04 AM

Re: Whiplash lifts

you can lift it that high...except the IFS will hate you.

whiplash is more for show

<font color=blue>Shorts</font color=blue>

Your what is stuck? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2001, 01:20 PM
Mud in my Veins

Whiplash is junk. Even the guys on Truckworld agree on that.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] Anyways, if you really want to lift it that high, take a look at the 9" lift California Super Trucks makes. With your 1 ton IFS, you could definately run tires in the 36"-38" range, but man, for the price of that lift, you could do most of a solid axle swap and have a D60 up front and never have to even worry about it. Not to mention you'd have more articulation too.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350, 4L60, Rancho 2"[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img], 285/75R16 AT's, K&N, Flowmaster, MSD[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
Aircraft, Cars, and Me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2001, 04:45 PM

Yeah I personally think AJM is right on that, you could probably have a 4x4/machine shop custom weld some 4" leaf hangers under there and put 8" lift springs under that for the lift you want. While the initial cost is hefty, in the long run it will brobably be cheaper than IFS due to broken parts and the possibility that you may not be happy with 12" of lift and 7" of travel (that you'll get with IFS), so you'll probably constantly be upgrading and repairing the IFS. If your truck will never see dirt, do what you want. For moderate lifts and trail use IFS is fine, but you're building a monster. I can also appriciate the fact that you may want a bolt on kit for your new truck (I wouldn't want to irreverseably change a new truck like that - I'd do it to an older one)<- If that's the caseHill 4wheel Drive has some full throttle stuff you might like too.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2001, 05:31 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

First of all I have lifted 4 IFS Chevy trucks(each 6") all when brand new. and other then front end getting out of alinment now an then, I have never had a problem. My 97 Z71 has 191,000 miles and no problems. And it is off road most every day. (I work constuction) I`m just looking at going a little higher,(without a body lift) and running 37" BFG`s. I guess I could get by with 7-8" of lift. but no less. Thanks for the response.

Do what you have to, just get it up! CHEVY 4x4`s
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2001, 07:33 PM

6" is as tall as you want to get with an IFS. but go for taller if that's what you want.

<font color=blue>Shorts</font color=blue>

Your what is stuck? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2001, 09:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

37 BFg? do they make them?

88 (SPORT)1500 4X4 6in. SUPERLIFT, 35X12.50 BFG AT

post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2001, 09:55 PM
Mud in my Veins

Yep, released them a few months ago with the AT ko's, and coming out right about now with the new MT km's. 37x12.5R 15, 16, and 17 if my memory is not mistaken.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350, 4L60, Rancho 2"[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img], 285/75R16 AT's, K&N, Flowmaster, MSD[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
Aircraft, Cars, and Me
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2001, 11:08 AM

mlucas3, I have done almost the exact same thing as you (But not with NEW trucks) my last two IFS trucks I put 6" superlifts on (got about 7"), and am debating doing the same to this truck or geting the CST 9" lift .
Another option you would have is to put a Superlift on your truck this will easily give you 7" of lift, and then put a 1" ORD body lift on it, 8" of lift should clear those 37"s with no problem.
I know you said you did not want to do a body lift (And I know what you mean[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img])
But a buddy of mine just put a 1" bodylift on to his truck which already had a Rancho lift, And I gotta say it is undetectable you would never know it's there, He didnt even need to move the bumpers.
It would be a hellava lot cheaper [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

And again with people bashing IFS in favor of a D60,
I'm with mlucas3 on this too, I have never had ANY problems with any IFS's trucks and I have had several with 6"-7" lifts, I 4 wheel a lot, go in sand, desert, and rocks to me the only time having a D60 would be better is in a "rock crawling competition", or "ramp competition" , but for normal everyday use I would much prefer IFS for the ride alone.
Ride in a 7" lifted IFS truck and then ride in a 7" lifted solid axle then tell me what you would rather drive everyday.

Scooby Dooby Doo !!!
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2001, 11:39 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Being your truck is a 2500 you probably wont be to bad with 7" or so.The front structure is better built & beefier.
hill4wheeldrive.com has some big IFS stuff & has done a lot of trucks talk to them.No matter what you end up doing it's still a lot better than buying a Dodge.

2000 Z71 4" Rancho 295/75/16 AR Baja's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode