Sunk 9 incvh lifted truck!!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2001, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
Old Hand

Sunk 9 incvh lifted truck!!!

I sunk my truck today 4 wheeling. I need HELP! WE got it out after 4 hours with a lifted tahoe and a big f350 and my winch. I now wont shift past 2000rpm, it stalls if i floor it, does anyone have any tips on fixing this. Its revs up to redline when in nuetral. I am not sure what all is wrong, it may be stuck in 4 wheel drive(its a 97 with push button), the tranny may be on its deathbed, or the engine might be flooded with water. I check the oil and it looks fine as royal purple should look. The truck was underwater for about 3 hours up to about an inch below the intake. The fan was spinning in the water. Anyone have any suggestions??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2001, 12:12 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Sunk 9 incvh lifted truck!!!

well first off, anytime you sink a truck like that you should change out all the fluids (both diffs & tranny). to see if your 4x4 is stuck, pull out the actuator and see if its stuck engaged. you can pull the fuse and that should prevent it from going into 4x4. but i can tell you that being in 4x4 wouldnt cause that problem, you can wind the engine out while in 4x4. sounds like you got worse problems [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] maybe water got in your torque converter?? i dunno but best thing would be to change all fluids then prob take it to a 4x4 shop and let them check it out

Mike ~
* Earnhardt Forever *

89 Chevy K1500 some goodies, but not enough! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2001, 12:41 AM

definitely change ALL the fluids. then check all your vacuums and linkages.

<font color=blue>Shorts</font color=blue>

Your what is stuck? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2001, 09:02 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I had a 96 Z-71 I stuck. The Mass-Air Flow Meter got messed up according to my a friends Snap-On Scanner. Then I called the local Chevy dealership and they said that the OBD-1 and OBD-2 Systems won't allow an engine to rev passed 2000rpm with a bad Mass-Air Flow Meter. And mine wouldn't Rev passed 2000. It actually would stall if I tried to make go passed it. It maybe be time for a Granatelli. It is better then GM's and Cheaper at I think between $350 and $400 bucks,

00 Silverado Z-71. RCD 6" Suspension-PA 3" Body. 35x12.50 Procomp Tires on 16x10 KMC Tanks-Chrome (Why polish wheels all weekend)
---Low Riders are for Guys who can't get it Up!!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2001, 01:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

how bout a can of carb cleaner for the mass air sensor, it might just be a little dirty (i use carb cleaner for all engine parts, brake cleaner for all others hehehe, not including interior ..hmmm.. an idea)

Will work for mods

Current mods--&gt; 31x10.5x15 ProComp MT, 15x8 AR767 rims, K&N, MSD Ignition Coil.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2001, 02:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I dunno about Carb Cleaner. There are probably guys in this forum who are more qualified to answer about spraying it into a MAS. I would borrow a buddy's MAS and try it first. It is only held in place by a clap and a connector wire plug. If theirs works you got nothing to lose by spraying it. Any truck from 96 to July 99 should work, but I think even the new trucks use the same MAS. Down here in Baton Rouge, La GM Trucks out way Fords and Dodge's so friendly truckers are easy to find.

00 Silverado Z-71. RCD 6" Suspension-PA 3" Body. 35x12.50 Procomp Tires on 16x10 KMC Tanks-Chrome (Why polish wheels all weekend)
---Low Riders are for Guys who can't get it Up!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode