1st gen Blazer deal - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2001, 10:34 AM Thread Starter

1st gen Blazer deal

Hey I might have a chance to buy a 72 Blazer tonight![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
My neighbor bought it for his little girl (17year old) and fixed it up nice! (New interior, New Blue paint, Rebuilt drivetrain)
But she want's something else (Probably a Honda[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img])
Anyway I find out how much $$$ tonight.
I know this is a kinda useless post[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] but I have been drooling over this Blazer for over a year now. And I am about to bust at the seems[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img]
Also this is a Arizona Truck NO RUST and I see NO Bodywork at all! Literally showroom condition!
Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Scooby Dooby Doo !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2001, 11:10 AM
72dreamer

Re: 1st gen Blazer deal

ok now where exactly is this blazer located? good luck man.

Marriage is like a skin graft, it may or may not take.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2001, 12:07 PM

Cool man. I looked for two years before I found mine. I know how excited you are.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2001, 12:26 PM
72dreamer

hey jr, got any plans for your ride in the near future? where about in texas are you, if don't mind me asking?

post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2001, 02:14 PM

I'm in Houston. As far as my truck goes, I got in the middle of rebuilding my motor along with a few other small things but wife decided we needed to move. Since then all my time has been spent fixing up the new house (not by choice). Where u b in texas? My wife and I try to get out and wheel as many places as we can. Maybe we can hook up.......if I ever fix my truck.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2001, 04:20 PM
72dreamer

it's been a while too since i've wheeled. like 3 months! i use to live in southwest and now i find myself in texas city. now it's like the only i really do go is galveston of the tc dike. also waiting to get some muddin boots for the ol gal!

post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2001, 12:01 PM Thread Starter

Well, I finally got a price outa him [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

$8,000 [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] But I could probably get it for about $7,500

I don't know ???? I knew it was nice, but I didn't know it was made of gold[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Have I been outa touch, or is this really what these are selling for???

Scooby Dooby Doo !!!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2001, 12:11 PM
72dreamer

so uh, what drivetrain is in it? is it 1/2 ton stuff?

post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2001, 12:50 PM Thread Starter

Looks pretty original, 1/2 ton 12bolt, 350/350, 2.5" lift, and 33"s, Body and interior are mint! has A/C but not working[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] (I know from experience, A/C work is expensive)
The 1/2 ton stuff doesnt worry me it's strong enough for what I would be doing with it, what does kinda suck is he just spent the money on the 2.5" lift and 33"s when i would put a 4" or 6" lift and 35"s on it, so that money was wasted I wish he had fixed the AC instead.
I don't know I was thinking he was going to say about $6K I am still in a little shock I guess[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
Part of the $$$ is because he had everything done by shops, he said he just spent $600 on the brakes (I was thinking for $600 I could have done it myself and had 4 wheel disks)

I am now sort of thinking maybe I should find something else
this is nice, very nice! but a little high $$$ for me,[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] if he said $6K I would buy it, and maybe keep it that height until the tires wore out.
I was just thinking I dont even know the gear ratio I assume it is probably 3.73 so if I were to go to 35" I would need to regear also $$$[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Sorry if I am babbeling[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Scooby Dooby Doo !!!
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2001, 11:34 PM

Err. My dad and bro fix up alot of these year trucks.
AC not working from the fact. is better than no AC from the factory. Helps value a good bit. I haven't seen the truck, but it almost sounds like he is trying to get out of it what he has in it. I know better than some that you can spend ALOT on these trucks easy. But has all the window rubber/felt been replaced? Things like bezels, gauges, especially a factory tach, grille shell and housing is around $546 complete ALONE. Now if he has been replacing parts left and right I believe he is trying to return his money on it. Which is close to impossible with these trucks. I will get a pic up tomorrow of my dads '72 skinned to the metal before he sold it. He didn't get anywhere near what he wanted for it. And it came with a BED FULL of NEW PARTS. Now, the way I look at it, these things aren't easy to come buy. Look at it as only paying $1500 more than what you are willing to drop down NOW. For a mere $1500 you can have that showroom Blazer next door. Think of the chances of finding another one like it, you'd still have to regear when you lifted. If you bought the one next door or another one, either way. Maybe he is throwing that price out there just to see if he CAN get it. Don't mention it for a few days. Let HIM bring it up. I don't think there are any other buyers?? I would try and get that price down too. Sheesh. $8K?? God that is steep now that I think of all the new parts it better have.
Atleast you know where this one came from, and what & who did what to it. He probably has receipts, which will help you if a part goes bad. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode