Bought a new chev - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2001, 02:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Bought a new chev

Just bought a 94 Z71 Silverado with 68,000 miles.
looks just like short's except it is a fleetside not sport. Not used to such a nice ride after driving SFA's all my life. Now for the lift.
I was looking at the Rancho 4" is it a 4" kit or do they run taller than they say?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2001, 02:37 PM

Re: Bought a new chev

AJM and several others here say the 4" rancho lift is really 5.25", I guess you could let it sag if you only want 4"[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]. The guy that I talked to at Desert Rat markets one as a 6" lift, but he says for legal reasons rancho can't market it higher than a 4" (but he can). I trust the 5.25" that I've heard of here, but I don't know about getting 6" out of a lift that is marketed as 4".

post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2001, 03:00 PM

At Desert Rat what they do is sell you a 4" block and 2" add-a-leaf's for the rear, and then you crank up your T-bars an extra 1" or so for the front.
But they still dont really get 6" out of it[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]. And 35"s will still rub in the right situation[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Scooby Dooby Doo !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2001, 03:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have the 4" Rancho on my 2000 Z71 & got a good 5"-5 1/4" out of it.I have no problems with mine & I have 15,000 miles on the lift.I definitly would go with the Rancho over some of the other companies my buddies have used.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2001, 07:24 PM
Can't Get Enough

huh huh. he said desert rat. been there once. it was an ok shop.

pics of the V30 which is still for sale or possible trade.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2001, 10:30 AM

huh, wrong desert rat[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Scooby Dooby Doo !!!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2001, 11:07 AM
72dreamer

you can't go wrong with the rancho man. get it. then show us some pics!

Marriage is like a skin graft, it may or may not take.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2001, 11:01 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

The distance from the original frame bolt to the new frame bolt is 4" on the subframe. The rear is lifted 4" and the front has a tortional lift to set it higher at 5.25" because the torsion bars will settle and put it at 5" or less. I would feel safer with a spindle lift from RCD or TrailMasters new Replacement Upper Control Arm than a lift from the others for your year with upper control arm relocation brackets. I have seen the Explorer ProComp Kit and SkyJacker Kit for year be disasterous off road on your year truck twice so far. They all have strengths and weaknesses. Educate yourself before you make a decision. Here is quick list of manufacturers. if I knew how to make the url thing work I would post the links
SuperLift 4,6", Explorer ProComp 4,6", SkyJacker 4,6", Trailmaster 4,6", Rancho 4", RCD 6", Full Throttle Suspension 9", California Super Trucks 9", Tuff Country 4,6" and maybe Fabtech..maybe.

00 Silverado Z-71. RCD 6" Suspension-PA 3" Body. 35x12.50 Procomp Tires on 16x10 KMC Tanks-Chrome (Why polish wheels all weekend)
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2001, 01:08 PM
Can't Get Enough

I know, but i stopped by their shop in north Phoenix when i lived there and it was a pretty clean shop. I didn't do any shopping their because i was a poor student then wishing i had money to get stuff.

pics of the V30 which is still for sale or possible trade.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2001, 09:08 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I've got a 97 K1500 with the 4" Rancho and I am very happy with it. I have never measured the drop on the subframe but I do know the upper control arm drop brackets drop the arms 6". The shop told me that the torsion bars are not cranked up at all and I have 5+" of lift. I used to run 33's but they looked so small that I put 35's on instead. I would probably have some rubbing in certain situations offroad but I haven't had any rubbing with day to day driving yet. I disagree with vhato on the upper control arm drop brackets. The Rancho's are very beefy and in my opinion are as good if not better than the factory ones. In his defense though, I have seen some that I would not put on my truck (BDS). Like vhato said, educate yourself and compare the lift components of various manufacturers before you make a decision.

97 K1500, 4" Rancho, 35" Wild Country AWs, custom dual exhaust
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode