F-I-N-A-L-L-Y !! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

F-I-N-A-L-L-Y !!

The 406, in all of itīs semi-assembled glory[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]. Machineshopguy had to grind the rodbolts a little, even though I was told ARP wavelocks fixed that when staying under .500 lift. Guess its more up to lobeseparation? Anyway, gonna put the rest of the pieces together this weekend.

Speaking of parts. The -TAADAAAA- kitchentable.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Now even better with Hedman headers, wireseparators, waterpump, fuelfilter, sparkplugs, oil dipstick, complete gasketset, well....everything[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Andreas

<font color=blue>Member of the secret sbc400 club</font color=blue>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 04:44 PM

Re: F-I-N-A-L-L-Y !!

That kitchen table is gonna haul ass[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Scooby Dooby Doo !!!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 07:17 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

It sure will Scooby [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]. I think Iīm gonna mail Mr.Gasket to include Kitchentable (on the menu where you select your block) in their excellent Desktop Dyno program.

Anyone with some important info before I start putting it all together (the engine, that is)?

Andreas

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 08:30 PM

<font color=blue>Hmm big block kitchen table, Hmmmmmmmmmm.</font color=blue>

<font color=blue>Come on Come on listen to the 40's talk!</font color=blue>
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 18-520508-EpicTeaser.jpg (72.3 KB, 4 views)
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2001, 01:04 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

DUDE - The notch on the piston is supposed to face the FRONT of the engine!!! Just messin' with ya - looking good.

Uh, the Chevy 400 is a small block, isn't it? I've heard it referred to as a BBC here in this post twice now..

If shortcuts were easy, they would just be The Way[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2001, 09:34 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Its about time you got doing something on your ride. So where are you at with your blazer? (as far as getting it up and running) WHAASUUUUP !!!!!!!

MIKE.S 84GMC,454
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2001, 11:08 AM
ratlover

400 is a SBC...a 406 is a bored 400, a 402 is a bored 396. And if you look at the exhaust ports(the hearders on the table) the center 2 are next to each other a BBC has em equaly spaced and the oil valley and fule pump hole wachamadohickey is all mouse stuff. Sounds like you got a mean little rodent in the making. Valve reliefs on the pistons look kinda big what compression ya running?

Ya going to paint her orange?

83 1/2ton 350 700r4 soon to be bigger
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2001, 11:17 AM

<font color=blue>Hey look everybody, Mikes back!!!!!! And I wanna know when it'll be running to[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]</font color=blue>

<font color=blue>Come on Come on listen to the 40's talk!</font color=blue>
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2001, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

ratlover. Compression is 10.15:1 with my 64cc heads (with polished combustionchambers). My cam, Comp Cams Xtreme Energy 274 Specs: 230/236 @.050 .487"/.490", wants 9.5-10:1 compression and to top it all off, we got leaded 98 octane gasoline at the pump in Sweden (not sure if octanerating is the same over here as in the U.S of A)[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]. Desktop Dyno tells me about 405 hp @ 5500rpm and over 400 ft.lbs from 2000 all the way to 5500 rpm. I think itīll be ok[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]. If not, and I need more torque right off idle, I have a backup 258 adv.dur cam and first hand on a set of 76cc 993 casting heads. As far as colour goes, VHT spraycans just got banned in Sweden (lack of safety information bla bla), so I canīt find true Chevy orange....and plain red looks boring imho. Thinking of going with aluminum (i.e silver) paint on the block and heads with black valvecovers and oilpan.

MIKE.S!! WHERE THE H3LL HAVE YOU BEEN ??[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] Blazer is primed twice and waiting for final coat of paint. I primed it once early spring and sanded it all off because I found a better primer[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]. Iīm taking my time. Itīs not like Iīm gonne get myself involved in a project like this again anytime soon.....well, I want to build a blower-engine. A 6" rod, rollercam, steel everything, splayed cap 377 with Canfield or AFR heads but thatīs it![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] D*mn, I lied[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] I want to build a 434 smallblock too!

Andreas

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode