Has anyone eaten Superglue? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 03:56 AM Thread Starter

Has anyone eaten Superglue?

ok...so i can't sleep and the post is rather off topic...but really, has anyone eaten superglue??? and yes, i have...well actually, i glued my tongue to the back of my front teeth [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img] i was working on my console sunday and i put the lid in my mouth to twist off the cap while i held the broken pieces in place. as fate would have it, the little tube was new, so my dad had just punctured the foil seal with the little end of the cap. so, the glue that was on the cap ended up...well, in my mouth [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] anyway, that was my brain fart for the week. i have no idea why i'm posting this on public boards, but i think the lack of sleep is blurring my judgement.

has anyone else experienced this????? well if there's one thing i can say, at least i didn't herculine my hootus(not that i could do that, but you get the picture) [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

<font color=blue>Shorts</font color=blue>

Your what is stuck? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 05:36 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Has anyone eaten Superglue?

Shorts,
It may just be my lack of sleep also, but you are just too much!!!!! Just out of curiosity, how did you get unstuck? Or are you now walking around with a lisp.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 07:44 AM
72dreamer

ok, we know you can type. how do you sound talking? he heeeee!

Marriage is like a skin graft, it may or may not take.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 10:17 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I thought you were only supposed to sniff that stuff[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]..... (Dodging flaming arrows and other flying projectiles) Just Kidding...[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]Somebody once said "Go Big" . . . Well we're goin' Full Size[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 10:41 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Super glue was originally a threadless suture I think. They used to sell the remover next to the glue you might want to pick that up next time.

"Bubba Tub" 1977 K-10 350,Th350,Np203 D60/14ff 4.56's Detroit Rear. 7" lift, 39.5/16.5 Swamper TSL's.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 10:43 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well, nail-polish remover works REAL good for removing Super-glue....;0)

'83 Blue 'Burban K10, 4" with 35's, 6.5l oilburner, 700R4/208
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 11:08 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

We use BIG tubes of superglue at work (almost as big as a tube of silicone gasket maker). This is industrial grade stuff and it's strong. When I had a tube break open and pretty much immobilize all the fingers on my right hand a couple months back, we found that acetone is a pretty decent solvent for it. Nail polish remover does have acetone in it so that works too, just not as fast as pure acetone.

Now, gluing your tonge to your teeth... that's a different story. I would recommend against 'eating' super glue... it's trade name is cynoacrylate - it has cyanide in its chemistry... luckily the cyanide is chemically bonded within the glue so that it isn't quite as poisonous as in its unbonded elemental form.

Sorry - Chemistry was one of my best classes.

If shortcuts were easy, they would just be The Way[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 12:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

yea they sometimes use it to seal wounds instead of stitches like frank said. hnow if you wanna start sticking fingernail polish remover in your mouth, go for it, i think i would find another way though. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] so how did you undo it shorts??

Mike ~
* Earnhardt Forever *

89 Chevy K1500 some goodies, but not enough! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

...no no...regular glue and rubber cement are the ones that are good for sniffin' [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] .....hehe

forunately i didn't get stuck for long and no i don't have the lisp - anymore.... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] my tongue was stronger and faster than the glue, that's how it didn't get stuck. <--- hmmm, that last statement was wierd [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

i was able to peel the glue off my tongue with no tastebud casualties...i was drooling like nobody's business. i thought i was going to drown and dehydrate at the same time!

the glue that was on the back of my tooth on the other hand put up quite a fight. in fact, i can still feel a thin layer.... and let me tell you guys, toothpicks snap like twigs!!!!! um hey wait, they are twigs! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

cyanide huh? well, that ER story would have made for an even better late-night post! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

<font color=blue>Shorts</font color=blue>

Your what is stuck? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 12:59 PM
72dreamer

so you see class. even superglue is no match when you practice your french! woohooo!

Marriage is like a skin graft, it may or may not take.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode