38's with a 6" lift? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2001, 01:46 PM
ratlover

38\'s with a 6\" lift?

Otay, first I gota say thanks for all those that have endured my constant stream of questions on this matter. The time is almost near. I am about to order the 6" lift from superlift. I am going to go talk to the guy again with the axels I am going to swap. Every thing is coming togeter. But when if I order the stuff come hell or high water I'm putting 38x12.5x15 on a 15x10" rim with 4" backspaceon my truck with a 14B FF and d 44 un less I go 36's.(I was also toying with 38x16x15)[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] You guys are pretty shure it will fit with some triming right??? Maybe I will get some pics. Thanks again

83 1/2ton 350 700r4 soon to be bigger
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2001, 03:04 PM
Resurrection_Joe

Re: 38\'s with a 6\" lift?

desertrat has that on his v30 right now. Go for it. Shawn also has it on a K5. Do it!

I'm also very glad you have gone with fender trimming.

Good luck !

1978 K20, 355, TH 400, NP 205, D44, 14FF, 7" Lift, 36" TSL Radials

post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2001, 04:55 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

have you researched the possibility of having to grind down your calipers to fit 15" rims on a 3/4 ton front? My friend did this but i dont know about backspacing. He then swapped to a dana 60 and had to grind even more off! Just a thought, i ran 38x16x16.5 swampers with 7" of lift, so i also think the narrower ones will fit with the trimming.

-Ryan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2001, 08:37 PM
Can't Get Enough

yup, i have the same size, but on a 16.5 rim. look at the pics in my sig and see what it looks like.

pics of the V30 which is still for sale or possible trade.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 07:41 AM
ratlover

Yeah Ryan, but that gives me an excuse to use power tools again[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Thanks for mentioning it though, I would have been an unhappy camper if I wasnt aware.

Hehe....not long till my truck goes skyward[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Thanks again guys

83 1/2ton 350 700r4 soon to be bigger
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode