OT- New Chevy's - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-20-2001, 08:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

OT- New Chevy\'s

i found this site:

http://www.gmme.com/chevrolet_cars/lumina/lumina_ss.htm

it has some bad azz new cars, but i went to the coporate site and could not find these cars? are these real cars are just bull crap? any info greatly apprecaited!

92 Chevy z71 305 w/ Crane Compucam,40 series flowmaster, hypertech chip, eldebrock performer intake, eldebrock chrome air cleaner, headers,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-20-2001, 08:44 PM

Re: OT- New Chevy\'s

clickable for the lazy's...
http://www.gmme.com/chevrolet_cars/lumina/lumina_ss.htm

[b]<font color=blue>1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71 Ext. Cab - 295x75 BFG AT KO's
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-20-2001, 08:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

those are some bad azz cars
but only avialble over seas
this country is going to hell-sending cars over seas and painting tities!

92 Chevy z71 305 w/ Crane Compucam,40 series flowmaster, hypertech chip, eldebrock performer intake, eldebrock chrome air cleaner, headers,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-20-2001, 10:16 PM

A 325hp 5.7L V-8 Lumina!! Good lord does that sound badass! I wonder what there excuse is for not bringing it to the good ol' USofA ? I guess they figure we can't handle such a car! Or is it that it won't pass emissions, and don't forget the stringent DOT requirements.

95 K1500 3"suspension, 3" Body Lift 35x12.5/15 pro comp MT's on 15x8 Rockcrawlers, 5.7L,K&N,Custom Intake, Gutted Cat, Free Flowing Edelbrock Exhaust, KC-Daylighters

post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2001, 10:59 PM
Mud in my Veins

That Lumina and the Caprice are actually made by Holden, GM's Australian division. The Lumina is the Holden Commodore, one of which I recently rode in while visiting New Zealand. Man, what a blast. Picture a car the size of a Grand Prix, with rear wheel drive, and a Corvette LS1. We had it up to 200 klicks (about 120mph) and it wasn't even trying. Here's some pictures:

They rebadge them as Chevy's and sell them in Saudi Arabia and other Persian Gulf countries, and I think in South America.

They won't sell them here because "they don't feel the market warrants them", they, currently, don't meet EPA emissions standards, and they, currently, don't meet US crashworth standards. The first is BS and the second two could be addressed and fixed easy. Check out this month's issue of Hot Rod magazine to see the Holden Maloo, which is the El Camino's Aussie offspring. Man, I'm so jealous of some of the cars down there.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350, 4L60, Rancho 2"[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img], 285/75R16 AT's, K&N, Flowmaster, MSD[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
Aircraft, Cars, and Me
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2001, 11:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

hmmm...looks nothing like a lumina or caprice. more like an olds or something. does sound fun though! wish they would bring em over here. if they made the new monte carlo ss in rear wheel drive i would have one sitting in my driveway as soon as i graduate!! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] it pisses me off that they have changed all the cars over to front wheel drive [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Mike ~
* Earnhardt Forever *

89 Chevy K1500 some goodies, but not enough! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 12:13 AM
Mud in my Veins

Nope, doesn't look like our Chevy's, because it isn't. It's a Holden, designed and manufactured in Austraila. I forget where exactly in Oz though.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350, 4L60, Rancho 2"[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img], 285/75R16 AT's, K&N, Flowmaster, MSD[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
Aircraft, Cars, and Me
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 12:46 AM

Why cant we have them here. We should have more V-8 powerd mid sized cars.

If it aint broke, keep fixing it till it is.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 02:30 AM
Mud in my Veins

Like I stated in my first post, GM doesn't beleive that our market will provide enough profit to introduce those cars to the US after the expense of converting them to Left Hand Drive, US crashworthiness standards, and making them meet EPA standards. Honestly, I would love one, and so would lots of people, but how many people really want something like that, when they can have a Toyota something er-other that has leather seats and 31 cup holders and dual mode AC with 18" rims and the smooth ride with the "big" V6 and the good gas mileage?

I wish they would bring them here though.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] I told the guy who owns it I was so envious, there's nothing similar here. At all.

Aircraft, Cars, and Me
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 05:20 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Hey there Silverado's are MORE POWERFUL!!!!http://www.gmme.com/chevrolet_trucks...powertrain.htm

Polaris Rulz!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode