you guys will like this... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-20-2001, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

you guys will like this...

If any of you are goin to the Anderson 4x4 Jamboree, look for the Renegade 4x4 Club. Talk about some fabricatin boys... The President has a '90 or so Chevy he converted to Solid Axle.
He used a 400 and 208, w/ a chevy 3/4 ton 44 front. runnin 40's. He made his own kit from scratch. he took rectangular tube and tied the front framerails togetherm then made front brackets to hang the leafs, and then went on back, making whatever he needed. Looks GOOD. bad as hell. they got a yota on SA w/ 350 and 36's i think. and the owner has a 80 or so model subaru that'll go anywhere. stock. LMAO I am thinking of joining this club. They are outta Pelzer. Any ?'s lemme know cuz I am goin back up there this weekend.

[b]<font color=blue>1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71 Ext. Cab - 295x75 BFG AT KO's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-20-2001, 09:27 PM

Re: you guys will like this...

If you ever see that truck again get some pictures of the home made solid axle conversion. Under shots and closeups of the key elements if you could.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-20-2001, 10:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Im gonna try my best to get up to Anderson.

Ryan

-I shoulda been a cowboy-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2001, 07:05 AM Thread Starter

I'll see it again. I'll get those photos too. You just want the SA Conv right? Not the tranny/t-case. or both?
Yea they sponsor the Anderson 4x4 Jamboree.
And I am gonna join. There is not a doubt in my mind if I told the President I wanted a SA, and I had the parts, he'd help. These boys are cool as hell.

[b]<font color=blue>1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71 Ext. Cab - 295x75 BFG AT KO's
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2001, 07:10 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

well how bout that, another 'ol boy from the south, watcha say oletater, i'm from st. matthews, sc 30 miles south of columbia. mick

post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2001, 07:59 AM
72dreamer

question:

how is north and south carolina the south? my boss is from nc and she says she's from the south. i say i'm from the south (texas) and that's as south as you can get. why does she insist she's a southerner? i kid with her and call her yankee-wannabe-southerner. and she's from "north" carolina! he heeeee!!!!!!!!

no of course this is off topic but i was wanting some background that could shed some light on her story.

Marriage is like a skin graft, it may or may not take.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2001, 09:18 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well the Civil war was North vs. South right?? Here is a list of states of the confederacy.
Seceded
Alabama 11 Jan 1861
Arkansas 6 May 1861
Florida 10 Jan 1861
Georgia 19 Jan 1861
Louisiana 26 Jan 1861
Mississippi 9 Jan 1861
North Carolina 20 May 1861
South Carolina 20 Dec 1860
Tennessee 6 May 1861
Texas 1 Feb 1861
Virginia 17 Apr 1861

Ryan

post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2001, 11:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

considering fort sumpter....i think SC has earned its right to be called the south. plus - have you ever been there?!?! trust me, they aint yankees up there. being from north florida we are deep south as well. basically they should cut off the state about 1 hour south of here though and ship it south to cuba cause thats all thats in central/south florida anyway. i swear if the hispanics move anymore north ill be moving to georgia!!! anywho, i got off topic but south carolina is definitely south. north carolina is borderline though. guess they could be considered the "preppy south" or "high class south"

Mike ~
* Earnhardt Forever *

89 Chevy K1500 some goodies, but not enough! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 07:21 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

You are more than welcome to come up to Georgia, we can always use one more chevy truck.

Ryan

post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 07:42 AM
72dreamer

thanks for the civil war history dates but i knew about that already. i've been to north carolina and it's nice and all but not south enough for me. oh well, can't change people's mindset.
hey mphz71, ever heard of canada? you oughta be safe there. and it's beautiful! ol' ryanb could probably tell you more about it. i drove through there from michigan to niagra falls and i really enjoyed it.

Marriage is like a skin graft, it may or may not take.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode