Thinking of getting a Nitro Truck.. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-18-2001, 07:17 PM Thread Starter
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Thinking of getting a Nitro Truck..

Im not too sure what is good and bad on the market.. Also I want one with a Chevy body. And whats this crap of the Engines lasting only a couple gallons? All the info would be great...
Also Im looking not to spend more than 200.00 bucks.

Polaris Rulz!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-18-2001, 10:58 PM

Re: Thinking of getting a Nitro Truck..

Oh don't worry, you will spend way more than $200. If you can find a truck for under that with radio and engine than you will deff. be upgrading engine shortly, then radio, then doing upgrades to the truck. I have over 900 into my RC10GT, 1200 into my Clod, and so far 500 into my Nitro USA1. Do you want a monster truck or buggy? My next purchase will be the HPI RS4 MT 4x4 buggy truck. But it's pricey. You might try an RC10GT sport, it's fairly cheap and you can upgrade it to anything you want. I have the RC10GT Team version but with a grip of upgrades.

Jason
Big Willy Style
http://www.projectbigwilly.com

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-19-2001, 11:33 AM
ratlover

RC10gt is a great truck. A gallon of gas will last forever too. I'm looking into geting rid of mine(radio charger all my rc stuff) but for more than 200$. I havent even ran a gallon through it. There are those cheapies that come with radio redy to run but you get what you pay for. And you can buy what ever body you want and pait it how ever(they are fairly cheap). There is a ton of aftermarket goodies for the rc10gt and they are easy and fun to upgrade. If you get a new on get the kit with all the trick parts. I didnt and ended up spending way more puting them on than I would have if I would have spent the extra cash in the first place.

83 1/2ton 350 700r4 soon to be bigger
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-19-2001, 06:12 PM Thread Starter

Sorry, I posted this in the wrong forum some how... Anyhow, I have a Clodbuster all stock, I bought it back in like 93' and I bet it dont got but 2 hours or so on it. The bottom is a little scratched up from them trails lol.. And its got some teeth marks on the fender... ((My Rottwieller didn't like getting chased with it)) But anyhow, the damned battries suck! there 600mAh and there like last 10-15 minutes on a full charge... So how much is new battries where the heck do I get them? Any that last longer. There the ones I bought when I got the truck.. Any kewl mods for it? I paid like 250 bucks for it..But I hate to waste too much money since im getting a real truck... So whats the best one for around 250 ?

Polaris Rulz!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-19-2001, 11:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

dude - go for it, theyre so much fun!! and like tim said - youll spend more than just $200. heres a pic of mine - its a Traxxas Nitro Stampede with a 2001 chevy body. you can get the complete kit for about $275 but then once you get it you will find all the fun add on stuff (just like a real truck). good luck with your decision...[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
PS -- if you click on the link in my sig and go to my website, click on the "RC Truck" link and i have a few more pics of my truck w/o body, etc...

Mike ~
* Earnhardt Forever *

89 Chevy K1500 some goodies, but not enough! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-20-2001, 12:29 AM

Forget the nitro truck and put more bucks into that clod. Sorry, I'm a monster truck guy. Save up your money, get a thunder tech racing carbon fiber Centurion chassis and a Trinity 4400mah pack and good ESC and 17T saphire motors and your set. 30 min. run time if your just bashing and awesome performance. Or, if you want a nitro, get the RC10GT.

Jason
Big Willy Style

post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-20-2001, 12:39 AM

Like this one:

Jason
Big Willy Style

post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-20-2001, 03:29 AM Thread Starter

MPHZ71 Dude your truck is awesome, thats exactly what in looking for!!! I might go that way than...
And as far as the Clod goes.. I has might as well buy a whole new truck, cuz thats basically what you would be doin... Riiight? Anything cheap I can do to my clod to get some joy out of it for 15 minutes or less lol.

Polaris Rulz!
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-20-2001, 12:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Get a T-maxx....there is all kinds of hop-ups for them and thay are huge. But dont do what I did and try to buy one from someone on the net, I did and sent him the money and never got the truck know I cant get ahold of the guy and I am out $275. So if anyone lives in LA and wants to collect for me E-mail me. [email protected]

post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-20-2001, 10:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

thanks cody - i love it! what a blast! i thought about the t-maxx but i like the 2wd sport truck a lot more - more fun to me. esp since you cant do the fun stuff that a 4x4 should be used for like mudding cause you will screw stuff up. i have no complaints about mine and have a ton of fun with it. just make sure you get the MIP CVDs which are steel axle shafts to replace stock plastic shafts & ujoints cause the plastics dont hold up too well.

Mike ~
* Earnhardt Forever *

89 Chevy K1500 some goodies, but not enough! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode