NEED HELP CAR AUDIO GURU'S-CD player won't eject.. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-18-2001, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
Mud in my Veins

NEED HELP CAR AUDIO GURU\'S-CD player won\'t eject..

Okay guys, I've got an Alpine CDM-7833 CD head unit in my Blazer. It's in the place where the factory graphic equalizer was mounted, if you have one of these trucks and have an aftermarket stereo you know about the whole kit and all. Anyways, on Thursday it suddenly wouldn't eject my CD. I had to stick my knife in and flick the little eject lever to get it to let go of the CD, and then use some needle nose pliers to pull out my Green Day CD. Needless to say I was a little annoyed about the slight damage to one of my favorite bands' CD.

Anyways, got any clue how to fix this?

When I hit the eject button I hear the little whir that it normally makes, but nothing happens. The CD unit also starts acting like there's no CD in there, counter says T-00, and won't do anything related to the CD. Radio works and if I take out the CD and put another one in it will play that CD fine. Then it won't eject that one and the process starts all over again.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Any help would be appreciated because I like this unit for it's simple setup, good sound quality, and the fact that I won't have $200 to replace it for a long time.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

1992 Blazer Sport, 350, 4L60, Rancho 2"[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img], 285/75R16 AT's, K&N, Flowmaster, MSD[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
Aircraft, Cars, and Me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-18-2001, 09:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: NEED HELP CAR AUDIO GURU\'S-CD player won\'t eject..

I don't know how how much this is going to help, but my last Pioneer CD player did the same thing. It still played, but the eject mechanism fragged out. The product support people told me the unit was bad, and the warranty covered it.

I will will mudbog tommorrow, because tommorrow is Sunday, and I always mudbog on Sunday.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-18-2001, 10:31 PM Thread Starter
Mud in my Veins

Thanks Boss. I'm trying to figure out how to contact Alpine, but there website isn't very helpful. Doesn't even list contacts.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Anyone know how I can get in contact with Alpine USA?

1992 Blazer Sport, 350, 4L60, Rancho 2"[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img], 285/75R16 AT's, K&N, Flowmaster, MSD[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
Aircraft, Cars, and Me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-18-2001, 10:40 PM

Alpines are notorious for this problem if they ever get dirty or hit about 1.5 years old. Heres the info:

ALPINE ELECTRONICS OF AMERICA, INC.
19145 Gramercy Place Torrance, CA 90501 U.S.A.
Tel:
Fax: 1-310-326-8000
1-310-533-0369

Jason
Big Willy Style
http://www.projectbigwilly.com

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-18-2001, 11:14 PM Thread Starter
Mud in my Veins

Hey Willys, what's their usual fix for it? I bought mine like 3.25 years ago, and I did register it with them when I got it, but I doubt the warranty is still good. I still have the sales receipt in my files though.

Thanks for the help man, I figured you'd have some input.

Aircraft, Cars, and Me
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-19-2001, 12:02 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

For poops and giggles goto radio shack and get a circuit cleaner that is "SAFE FOR PLASTICS" take the cover off and clean it out with that spray. Use the little pipe on the can to get in good. It is Zero residue and non-conductive. This stuff may have been banned due to the global warming lie the governmnet wants you to buy into. Or was it because kids were huffing it I get my chemicals mixed up. Good luck.

"Bubba Tub" 1977 K-10 350,Th350,Np203 D60/14ff 4.56's Detroit Rear. 7" lift, 39.5/16.5 Swamper TSL's.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-19-2001, 01:08 AM

I dunno, I always sent them back to Alpine and sold the customer a Pioneer. Pioneers new decks are king of the hill nowadays. Anyway, I think they have a 2 year waranty. I think there is a spring in there that engages a gear to eject and it gets warn and loses tension and it can't engage the gear anymore. Thats why you hear the mechanism moving but not spitting the disc out. Alot of Sony's did this too.

Jason
Big Willy Style
http://www.projectbigwilly.com

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-20-2001, 02:31 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

There sould be a reset button somewhere on the head unit that will reset the whole system. Sometimes it is just a matter of doing this, or it could be something else which would be hard to tell without actually seeing the problem.
Good luck
Tyler

JEEP it's what's for dinner!
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2001, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
Mud in my Veins

Hey Willys, what do you think of the Pioneer DEH-2300 CD player? I see it listed for pretty good prices, around $160-174, and it has all the features I want and need. Other than a buddy of mine getting a deal on me, this is the one I'm looking at.

Aircraft, Cars, and Me
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2001, 10:32 PM
Resurrection_Joe

Thats the one I plan on getting when mine craps out. I'm completely sold on pioneer. I have a home theater and dvd player from them, and they have both never ever let me down.

1978 K20, 355, TH 400, NP 205, D44, 14FF, 7" Lift, 36" TSL Radials
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode