90 Blazer - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-17-2001, 11:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

90 Blazer

I've had this thing about a week and already replaced the trans. Now I want to lift it. It's got 3:73 (as I've been told) in the rear which I'll eventually change but I think it's got a locker in it. It's catches pretty quick (almost instantly) when spinning. Is there anyway I can tell if this is a real locker and not just a positive rearend from a junkyard. It'll grind a little when you get down on it. I'm wanting to go to 35's on 12" rims does anyone think that a 4" lift won't be enough? What's a good "soft" lift kit? I have a one year that will ride in this truck daily. Any Suggestion would be appreciated!

Bobby
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-17-2001, 11:48 PM
Resurrection_Joe

Re: 90 Blazer

Ummm, 35's only need 10" rims, so dont use 12's. That is unles your getting WIDE 35's. Like 35x15x15. I run 14.5 wide tires on 10" wides.

I like Rough Country for the price, but they arn't the softest. Alcan I've heard good things about, but as far as kits I dont know.

Just do 4" and fender trim. You'll love it.

1978 K20, 355, TH 400, NP 205, D44, 14FF, 7" Lift, 36" TSL Radials

post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-18-2001, 03:58 PM
Mud in my Veins

Re: 90 Blazer

If you're talking 35x12.5R15's, just use some 15x8's with as close to the factory rim backspacing as possible. Combine those with a 4" lift and some minor fender trimming, and you'll have all the clearance you need, even for rock crawling.

15x12 is just WAY to wide for 35x12.5's. Now, like Joe said, if you are talking a 35x15.5 Swamper or something, a 15x10 would be fine for you. I wouldn't run a 12" rim until I was using like 17" and wider tires.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350, 4L60, Rancho 2"[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img], 285/75R16 AT's, K&N, Flowmaster, MSD[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
Aircraft, Cars, and Me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode