Mileage - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-16-2001, 03:55 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Mileage

I was looking to buy a 92 K1500 or later.
There are some nice ones for cheap but with a lot of miles some highway and others just city anywhere from 90,000 to 150,000.
Is this something I should stay away from.
What kind of miles are all of you putting on???

Thanks in advance.....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-16-2001, 04:00 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Mileage

mines got somwhere around 210-220k on it. but Id say since your going to be buying one to kepp it under 100k miles thatl just save you a few headaches down the road.

16x8 bajas wrapped with 285 TXRs, T-BARS cranked to level, and minor trimming
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-16-2001, 04:07 PM
BigBlueZ71

I have over 133,000 miles on my '94 Chevy Z-71, original tranny and everything. No huge problems so far, knock on wood, I think I may be an exception because I bought mine from an old man that only drove it to work, strictly highway miles. Never been offroad until I got it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-16-2001, 05:02 PM

my '94 had 72k when i bought it.....the original motor lasted until 112k. but i can thank a shop guy and all his mechanical knowledge for burning that engine [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img] anyway, in the past year, i put 18k on my truck.

anyway, everything on the truck(minus the engine and tires) has 130k. there's A LOT of highway miles on my truck(school, 30 miles one way)...heck, you can't go anywhere in texas and not go far...every place demands a pilgrimage!! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

try to find a truck with under 100k if you can. if all you can find are over 100k, then see what parts have been replace and such. it might just save you some hassel if you find a truck that's already been cured of any post-100k ills.

<font color=blue>Shorts</font color=blue>

Your what is stuck? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-16-2001, 05:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

my 90 has 208000 miles on the original 350 never been touched i bought it from the first owner who bought it new and gave me a 4" thick folder with every service that had ever been done to it.the 350 is coming out this winter with a multi port 454 going in its place ( gotta turn my 39.5's) ooooh and i put on about 17 to 20K a year

when in doubt, let er feed
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-16-2001, 07:08 PM
lawdog022

i bought mine with 186000 on it. the truck has all highway miles. it had a new engine at 171000 and has the original tranny that seems to shift and downshift just like it is supposed to. i would not worry about the miles, just who owned it and how they were put on. also if it has been taken care of correctly.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-16-2001, 07:33 PM
Veteran

Bought my '94 with 4 miles on it. I have(or had) replaced fuel pump, brake booster/master cylinder, wiper motor, brake light switch (recall). This does not include stuff like tires and brakes (the tires last way longer than the brakes) [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] All this in only 120,000 (mostly highway) miles. I still have the original engine/trans and they seem to be doing fine

Funny thing is I haven't burned out a headlight yet[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img], and I used to work 3rd shift, which means lots of night driving.

JaxZ71
94 Z71 350, Xcab, Sportside, 285/75/16 BFG AT, 16x8 AR Nitro, K&N, MSD coil & wires, Trailmaster 4" lift.
Lousy glasspacks and rusted Westin step bars [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode