Anyone tried JET 6-PACK ? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-16-2001, 02:33 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Anyone tried JET 6-PACK ?

Im conceidering getting a Jet 6-pack chip for my 89' 3/4 ton 4x4. Has anyone tried the 6-pack chip ? Can you really tell a differance between "economy" mode and "stage 2" mode?
Thanx

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-16-2001, 03:42 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Anyone tried JET 6-PACK ?

I have the Jet chip in mine, it's the "Stage 2" I beleive. I noticed a little gain, it changes the point at when the tranny shifts and what not. It ain't too bad I guess, I wanted to get a Hypertech but Summit was out of stock for my truck so I just got the Jet. I guess I kind of like it. I'm not sure what the "economy" mode is like. Mine is one level.

This mud is for you!
'88 Suburban, 350 TBI, 700R4, 3/4 ton, 9" Lift, 38" TSL's etc. etc. etc.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-16-2001, 04:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I had one in my S-10.. WHEN it worked it was a major seat in the pants feal.. But it would cut out and I would loose all power.. Not fun here on the LA freeways.. Cut accross 5 lanes of 80 mph traffic with no power steering or brakes.. I am under my dash for 5 min ripping that thing out.. Their shop was somewhat close by and I went in and he gave me another and same thing happend.. He connected my truck to their computer and made a chip for me and same thing.. He did say there is some wierd fluke in some vehicles that he has seen that do this.. I did end up getting my money back from Summit.. Still do want a Stage 2 chip but dont want to pay $2.00+ a gallon for it.. Unless our gas prices go down consiterably, I dont think its worth it..
Go with headers, exhaust, and a K&N filter first for performance.. You will be much happier..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2001, 11:49 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I used to have a '95 2WD 1500 w/a 350 TBI. The Jet Six Pack does what is says and it really worked. Option 1 backed timing off for mileage, I got around 400 a tank on that. Option 2 was for pulling...whatever. Option 3 was performance for 89 octane fuel with no top speed limiter. Option 4 was 93+octane with no rev-limter...Truck was a little faster at the track and pulling away from Fords and Dodge's. No seat in the pants feel unless racing and trying both settings. But pulling away from old Ford and Dodges made it money well spent. Option 5 limited the computer truck to revs below 2000 RPM and 65 MPH. You could lock it and trust your friends with truck. Option 6 was if you sent it back and had special options like increased rev-limit and shift points (I recommend doing this If you have an automatic) and option 1 wouldn't allow the computer to open the Injectors. If you lockit ain't NO ONE stealin' it.

00 Silverado Z-71. RCD 6" Suspension-PA 3" Body. 35x12.50 Procomp Tires on 16x10 KMC Tanks-Chrome (Why polish wheels all weekend)
---Low Riders are for Guys who can't get it Up!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode