What do you guys think of Superlift lifts? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-15-2001, 08:33 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

What do you guys think of Superlift lifts?

I can get a good deal on a 6" superlift for my 01 silverado...was wondering what the downsides are to this lift? any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-15-2001, 11:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: What do you guys think of Superlift lifts?

super! I have one on my 88 that scooby highly recomended he'll be here soon raveing I'm sure, any way mine is older model but no problems at all I also liked it for the double idler arms that it adds in the center other just have one and superlifts arms are greasable

88 (SPORT)1500 4X4 6in. SUPERLIFT, 35X12.50 BFG AT

post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-16-2001, 10:23 AM

WOW, I am getting pretty damn predictable huh [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
YES I have had 2 IFS Superlifts(two different trucks), I like them [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
For one thing you can easily get a true 6" of lift out of them without any serious T-bar cranking.
I got 7" out of my last one and I still had lots of turns left on the t-bars!
Also one of the main reasons I like Superlift is they really make kits that are made for 3/4 and 1 ton trucks, 8 lug trucks.(I won't own a 1/2 ton anymore)
Most of these other companies only make 1/2 ton kits and shops still install them on 3/4 and 1 ton trucks (Yea that's a good idea[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img])
Now for solid axle trucks, I would not recommend superlift (they ride to rough) but for IFS They ride great. (kinda weird)
I looked at the BDS IFS kit the other day and was not impressed at all[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] sure they have a great warranty, but I would rather not buy something counting on it breaking and getting it replaced without difficulty (it seems like a weird boast to me[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img])
Now I would like to see the RCD kit in person ??? I hear they make a 9" lift That should be enough for some 37"s or maybe 38"s But of corse I am talking about a 3/4 or 1 ton only.
By the way, what do you consider is a "good deal" $?

Scooby Dooby Doo !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2001, 12:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Nope RCD doesn't make a 9" lift. Full Throttle Suspension and California Super Trucks do, though. The CST kits looks MUCH Stronger, though. The lower front subframe bracket on the Superlift is weaker than the RCD at 6". It doesn't take much leverage to make it move unlike the RCD. HOWEVER, in defense of SuperLift....Only SuperLift, Trailmaster, Full Throttle, and CST make a Kit for the Silverado that restores the FACTORY CV Joint angles. And Those are the ONLY kits that DO NOT require the FINS on the Front Differntial that are there to provide strength to be SHAVED OFF. Thus making those 3 the most expensive kits due to the replacement drive shaft. My CV's aren't at any extreme angle, but I won't adjust the torsion bars at all. A Superlift kit can easily be adjusted to 7" with no adverse affects. The RCD and SuperLift kits have the same amount of torsional adjustment, but the RCD at 7" would be a painful sight for a CV Joint. Figure out where you are gonna drive the truck and how you are gonna drive it. Then make your decision. My truck sees lots of mud and is running strong at 91,000 miles.

00 Silverado Z-71. RCD 6" Suspension-PA 3" Body. 35x12.50 Procomp Tires on 16x10 KMC Tanks-Chrome (Why polish wheels all weekend)
---Low Riders are for Guys who can't get it Up!!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2001, 01:50 PM

oop's... My bad...[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img] yeah it's the CST lift I want to look at for my current (unlifted as of now) 1990 1 ton.
9" should look great and fit at least 38"s, and I am not too worried about the axles or IFS since it's a 1 ton.
Just thinking about doing something different, Like I said I have already had 2 6"-7" Superlifts

Scooby Dooby Doo !!!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2001, 02:25 PM
Veteran

I was looking at a 2001 HD Crew-Cab single wheel with a 6.6 last week and it had a 6/7" RCD lift in it. I was under the truck looking for more than 10 minutes and I was very impressed with it. The quality was great and there brakets look like they could take a bomb blast!!! I also liked the finish on the lift. It was like the finish that you see in top quallity industrial tools (I forget the name of it) but it has a hammerd look to it and is very very durable. I was amazed at the angle of the half shafts. They were almost straight out from the diff. My SkyJacker 6" kit on my sport had a about a 3" drop from the diff down.

Unfortunally the owner was only running 33" tires due to still having warantee on the truck. She said that because of the warantee they will fix everything that happends as long as she doesn't run 2 tire sizes over stock or something like that.

Very bad ass truck though!!! I want one[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Ryan

93 GMC Yukon
Chevy SuperStock 4x4 Truck Puller
Great Lakes Truck & Tractor Pulling Association
http://www.greatlakespull.com
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2001, 06:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

That is right. The RCD has almost straight across CV Shafts on HD's, but not on half tons.

00 Silverado Z-71. RCD 6" Suspension-PA 3" Body. 35x12.50 Procomp Tires on 16x10 KMC Tanks-Chrome (Why polish wheels all weekend)
---Low Riders are for Guys who can't get it Up!!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2001, 09:19 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I looked into Superlifts 6" before I did my Rancho & they told me I would more than likely have to buy a $600 driveshaft replacement.That turned me off right away.Ranch 4" has been terrific & I got about 5.25" out of it w stk. t bar pos.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2001, 09:39 AM

That finish is called "Hammerite". Very nice indeed but if you wanted to use, expect to pony up some bucks; it's not cheap.

'78 Chevy Blazer w/300hp Goodwrench 350, SM465, NP205 T-case.
'61 Willys Utility Wagon w/Chevy 350, TH350 ,NP203 T-case, and a broken Ford 9" [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img].
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2001, 04:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Any lift with a true 6" lift will most likely need a driveshaft. I have heard the RCD does not, and I have also heard the RCD isnt a true 6" lift. You can also torque the superlift up to 7" with no problems, etc.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode