T-case flip - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 11:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

T-case flip

ok, someone said that if i use a chevy straight axle for my axle swap i would have to get a new T-case, well i was talkin to my friend the other day and he said that he thinks they make kits to flip ur T-case round, would this work?

Two paths diverge in the woods, and i choose the one less taken, the path of mud only a 4x4 could tackle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 11:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: T-case flip

The Klune under drive alows you to spin the tcase down , but not around. It would be upside down. I have never heard of this. Use a differnt t-case or ford axle.

"Bubba Tub" 1977 K-10 350,Th350,Np203 D60/14ff 4.56's Detroit Rear. 7" lift, 39.5/16.5 Swamper TSL's.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-16-2001, 03:57 PM
u2slow

I've heard of flipping a Dana 300 - easy to do because it uses splash oiling. All you need to do is re-work the shifters and move the breather.

Planetary-geared transfer cases won't work flipped over. They use an internal oil pump that draws fluid from where it collects at the bottom of the case. Flipping it over will starve the pump and seize the case.

Use either a Ford front axle, or a 90-91 Blazer/Jimmy/Burb t-case with the GM front axle.

'91 V3500 Crewcab, bobbed, SM465/NP205, D60/14FF, 4.10, 12k Warn, dual batts, 2" body, Blazer fuel tank.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-16-2001, 04:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

no you can not flip youre t-case it will not oil properly and burn up very soon get a 208 out of 83 up solid axle chevy with the same trans as you truck. i did this to mine, you will have to notch youre cross member to clear front output

when in doubt, let er feed
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-17-2001, 05:20 PM
u2slow

The problem with the 208 is the cable drive speedo. Most 88-up trucks (especially autos) will need this.

'91 V3500 Crewcab, bobbed, SM465/NP205, D60/14FF, 4.10, 12k Warn, dual batts, 2" body, Blazer fuel tank.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-17-2001, 05:56 PM
Veteran

Ok guys....I will clue you in on the vital info you need[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Go around to the wreckers and look for a NP241 out of a K5 from 1987 to 1991. These have the output on the same side as the solid axles have there pumkins on and will bolt right up to your trany because a NP241 is already on it, its just that the output is on the wrong side!!!

Good luck...Ryan

93 GMC Yukon
Chevy SuperStock 4x4 Truck Puller
Great Lakes Truck & Tractor Pulling Association
http://www.greatlakespull.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode