new TRUCK :) - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 10:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

new TRUCK :)

I am looking into getting a K5 Blazer, and need to know what years it was made. My budget is around 8k, this is gunna be my 1st truck, and I think a K5 is a perfect.

Also, when I get one, what should be done to a stock k5 to make it worthy of driving around my ranches in Texas? I won't have much money left to spend on upgrades, and I know I need to get a new stereo, next would probably be BFGoodrich All Terrain tires, and FloMasters, what size tires can I put on a stock K5 w/o getting a lift? Any info on this car would help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-15-2001, 12:18 PM

Re: new car :)

<font color=blue>First gen K5's were made from 69-72, They had a full convertable top. Second gen K5's WITH full convertable tops, Were made from 73-75. And second gen K5's WITHOUT full converftable tops were made from 76-91. And so it's all clear, The full convertable's came off at the windshgild frame, While the 76-91's had something called a "halfcab" That came off behind the front seats.
What kind of terrian do you have on your ranch? A 4 inch or so lift with some 33-35 inch tires whould be good for all around duties. (Wheeling street driveing etc.)
Hope this helps.</font color=blue>

<font color=blue>Come on Come on listen to the 40's talk!</font color=blue>
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-15-2001, 12:18 PM

First of all !!! You must PROMISE to Never, Ever, Ever... Call a K5 Blazer a CAR [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
You should be ashamed of yourself[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
You must now pray to the fourwheel gods for forgiveness.
There is a ritual for atoning for your sin, it involves getting naked, covering your body in axle grease and 80w gear oil, then you must wear a hub cap on your head, and a timing chain around your neck, and dance in the light of a full moon, while chanting
"Forgive my ignorance all mighty rock gods of the fourwheel world"

Once you atoned for your great sin,
Then look for a 87-91 K5.
These are still solid axle front ends, these are MUCH stronger than the 92 and newer IFS front ends.
And very importantly in 87 and newer they went from Carburetors to "Fuel Injection" this is a BIG DEAL you want, make that, NEED fuel injection[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
These K5's can be found for $5k- $8k depending on condition.
32x11.5 tires will fit without rubbing as long as your wheels are no wider than 8"

Scooby Dooby Doo !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-15-2001, 12:23 PM

<font color=blue>DAMN IT! I should be ashamed of myself for not catching the "car" thing[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img]. Scooby is right, You should go pray forgiveness in front of the biggest 4x4 you can find!! But be carefull if the driver is a big fat guy named "Bubba"[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img].</font color=blue>

<font color=blue>Come on Come on listen to the 40's talk!</font color=blue>
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-15-2001, 01:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Scooby, I understand the that I messed up a while ago and had to do the ritual, but why did you have to video tape it. And why did you get naked too? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

"Bubba Tub" 1977 K-10 350,Th350,Np203 D60/14ff 4.56's Detroit Rear. 7" lift, 39.5/16.5 Swamper TSL's.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-15-2001, 02:00 PM

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
It helps the resale value of the video if we are both naked! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
(Well at least thats my story, and I'm sticking to it)

Scooby Dooby Doo !!!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-15-2001, 03:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

fixed it thanks for the response guys!

post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-15-2001, 03:18 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: new TRUCK :)

I had a stock 77 K-5 with 31 inch BFG all terrains and they fit well with out rubbing and there was nothing at all done to the Blazer's suspension.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-15-2001, 03:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Sniper, send your ritual video tape to Scooby, he will review it for acuracy.

"Bubba Tub" 1977 K-10 350,Th350,Np203 D60/14ff 4.56's Detroit Rear. 7" lift, 39.5/16.5 Swamper TSL's.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-15-2001, 05:21 PM

My wife thinks all these tapes that keep showing up are odd [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
I don't know why she dosnt understand, I guess maybe its just a guy thing? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
I'll be watching for it though[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Scooby Dooby Doo !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode