DUI - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 08:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

DUI

Got my first and last DUI friday night. It sucks because i blew a .09 and .08 is legal but only a month ago .10 was legal. our state changed the law to get more fed. money to fix our roads in the state. all i can say is dont get a DUI they suck a$$. and cost out the a$$. have to put a hold on mods for a while.

I'm Sooner Breed!!!! Sooner Born!!! and when I die ill be Sooner Dead!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 09:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: DUI

Well I hope you learned a leson and it is really your last one. I've lost many friends to DUI. Both from them hitting stuff and being hit by DUI drivers. A guy I worked with had 3 DUI's he no longer has a drivers license for the rest of his life. Florida you goto jail on first offense. Goodluck with your case. Sorry about the lecture.

"Bubba Tub" 1977 K-10 350,Th350,Np203 D60/14ff 4.56's Detroit Rear. 7" lift, 39.5/16.5 Swamper TSL's.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 11:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thunder....that is rough, doesnt matter what the limit is, law is the law on this one. Sorta off topic, but did OU change their song. I could have sworn it was "I was Sooner born and I was Sooner Bred and when I'll die I'll be Sooner dead"

Ryan

-I shoulda been a cowboy-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-15-2001, 04:01 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

That takes a lot of GRIT to come up and talk about that. I had 2 of 'em before I was even 18 and I've deserved a few more since then. I'm 31 now. It's amazing how I think I'm OK even when I'm not. I don't know what your circumstances are though. Based on the law it could happen to just about anyone. It needs to be avoided though. This is nothing to be proud of but think about it and just make your life better. My thoughts and prayers are with you. The most important thing in life is piece of mind.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Everything keeps on going.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Just be cool.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Once again, for whatever it's worth, been there, done that, think about it. It's not worth it. I might expect a firestorm from some people here but the bottom line is that if you don't hold it up in front of your face you may never see it. Send me e-mail if you want to talk. I can relate and I don't pass judgement....... I just try to be better every day[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]Somebody once said "Go Big" . . . Well we're goin' Full Size[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-15-2001, 12:12 PM
Enthusiast

One thought comes to mind..................DON"T DRINK AND DRIVE......its that simple

post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-15-2001, 12:52 PM

Sorry... no compasion here... I spend my Friday nights and Saturday nights peeling people off utility poles out here in California. (power Co. guy) Some make it, most dont. Cant find a good reason to get behind the wheel after too many. I'd just lay in the back of the truck and sleep it off.

Worst I've seen is a guy doing over 100mph going east bound in the west bound lanes, drifting over six lanes and hitting a Transmission pole (at least a 4 ft diameter butt). Car burst into flames, he turned into charcoal. Skeletal remains were the only thing behind the wheel when I got there.

95 4Runner
00 Ford F-250 Super Duty

To deceive an enemy, pretend you fear him.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-15-2001, 03:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

This is real simple just don't drink at all and drive there is just no reason to do it now days, just call a cab or call some one to come and get you.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-15-2001, 05:31 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I don't think anybody's looking for sympathy or compassion. I agree: don't drink and drive.

I think it takes grit though to swallow your pride and talk about stuff like this even though you might get some flack for it. After all, if you don't say anything nobody's gonna tell you not to do it. I don't know, maybe I'm babblin' but I understand how it is. Nobody's perfect but there's still no excuse.

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]Somebody once said "Go Big" . . . Well we're goin' Full Size[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-16-2001, 03:30 AM

i remember when my cousin got run over by a drunk driver. well she had a full life at the ripe old age of 14 anyway.
i feal sooooo sorry for you.

if you cant dodge it..it must be a tranny shop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode