1 Ton Front Lift Springs - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

1 Ton Front Lift Springs

When I get my new 1 ton crew cab and do the solid axle swap I don't want to put in normal 1/2 ton lift springs. I want 1 ton lift springs. Or what do you recomend? What brands make these? It will have the 6.5L diesel in it.

Jason
Big Willy Style
http://www.projectbigwilly.com

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 01:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 1 Ton Front Lift Springs

National Spring

Built to your Specs for weight, height, performance

alabamaslammer

post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 08:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have 4 sets here that are 3" wide off F-350. Wish you were closer.

"Bubba Tub" 1977 K-10 350,Th350,Np203 D60/14ff 4.56's Detroit Rear. 7" lift, 39.5/16.5 Swamper TSL's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 09:40 PM
Veteran

Frank- Why do you have 4 sets of F350 springs???? Just wondering[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Jason- Look in your phone book for spring&suspension shops. Its amazing what local shops can do and alot of them make custon spring packs. I got my springs for my puller from a shop like this. I told them what I wanted then they gave me there idea's and we came to a conclusion and then I gave them the go ahead and next thing I new they were ready. In the end I got rear springs that had 13 leaves that gave me 6" of lift and the ends were wrapped there for doubling the spring rate pushing it up to over 2tons. Now thats a custom spring pack!!!!

National Spring somehow started out like a shop I was talking about and managed to hit a nich and then put a few articals in some 4x4 mags and now everyone knows about them as a "custom shop" and now they can charge what ever they want for springs because they know that 99% of people will shop somewhere that gets alot of reviews from like in all the articals in those mags.

Anyway, thats just my opinion...Ryan

93 GMC Yukon
Chevy SuperStock 4x4 Truck Puller
Great Lakes Truck & Tractor Pulling Association
http://www.greatlakespull.com
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 09:44 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, thats what I figured I would have to do. When you get custom springs made don't they need the unsprung weight of each of the front corners? I was figuring I could roll each side onto a truck scale but then that would be sprung weight. How could I get a wait measurement of just the front of the truck without the weight of the axle and tires?

Jason
Big Willy Style

post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 09:54 PM
Veteran

Yeah I have no idea how you would figure that out. But I am sure the spring shop would!!! Actually Jason I thought for sure you would want to do a 4-link on this thing. If I ever land up doing a SFA on a street truck it will no doubt be a 4-link just because of the nice ride they produce.

Ryan

93 GMC Yukon
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 09:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well i was at my buddies 4x4 shop and he was doing a lift on a late model f-350. The kids was a spoiled little rich boy and did'nt want his old springs. I thought they would fit on my truck to raise the back up but they are too wide. He gave me several other springs too. all 3" wide though. I thought Mike could use them but to wide oh, well. I am a big pack rat I got all kind of crap here.

"Bubba Tub" 1977 K-10 350,Th350,Np203 D60/14ff 4.56's Detroit Rear. 7" lift, 39.5/16.5 Swamper TSL's.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 10:02 PM Thread Starter

Oh boy, do you know what you just started? It took me about 2 weeks to talk myself out of a 4 link on the thing and now what have you done? Anyway, I guess it would be around the same amount of fabrication either way. Coilovers cost a grip though. Oh well, when I get the truck (prob. a month and half or so) I will start taking measurements on the frame and get into autocad and start designing. I'll have to think up a diff. way of mounting the links to the frame. Real low profile. Well, might as well do a 4 link with panhard bar then. Thanks for talking me into it [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Jason
Big Willy Style

post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 10:08 PM
Veteran

How much lift are you looking for in the truck? If you think about it a set of custom leaf springs are going to set you back pretty much the exact same as coil-overs will or pretty close anyway. If you are just looking for 6" or so you should check out Bilstien 6100 Series 10" Coil Overs. I am putting those on the front end of the puller and they are great shocks and they only cost $131 a piece and come with all the hardware for the springs and stuff.

Ryan

93 GMC Yukon
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 10:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Look into a 3/4 elliptic setup. Keeps you from having to buy expensive coil overs. You can use those big Rancho 9000's instead. Here is a link to site. Let me know what you think. http://www.rockcrawler.com/readersri...er00/index.htm I was going to do this on the back of my truck. Buggy springs can be used up front to increase articulation. Two bars in y shape off top of diff. One bar on each side of diff completes the 4 link.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode